Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone used something like this: Coban : Bandages Plus for more grip? I thought about putting grip tape on my gun but then started reading about it rubbing through shirts and sticking to shrits. Its kind of like a strechy,self-adhering athletic tape. I figured this might be good for grip and not worry about it rubbing my shrits or skin.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I use skate board tape on all my guns. Seems to work really well and don't have a problem with concealed carry.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
The tape you are talking about adhers to itself but does not adher well to the surface it is applied to. It easily comes unwrapped when used as grip tape. If you like the wrapped tape look check out adhesive Bike Bar Tape. You can get it in some pretty interesting colors and designs.

BikeSomeWhere.com | Road Components | Handlebar Tape

·
Registered
133 Posts
I used anti slip tape from Lowe's. It comes in a roll and works quite well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I used the same grip tpae from Lowe's and have no complaints with it whatsoever. After a few days some of the excess grit comes off and it's not as rough on your skin or clothes.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought the commercial Decal Grip and just used the 2 long outside strips on both sides of the grip. It is now a really great grip. I don't see the need for the large pads in the center of the grip and don't miss them at all. Can't see them too well in this pic but they are on there and they are great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts