Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in NY (Upstate, not NYC) and I got my pistol permit over 2 yrs ago. I put in for my CCW and was only allowed the following: Hunting/Target, Camping, Banking and Employment. I was denied Full Carry or "unrestricted" because I've only had my pistol permit for 2 yrs (They said come back in another couple and try again)....is this the normal for other states? How is it in your state? (I haven't carried at all fearing that my activties for that day, if I were to get pulled over, wouldn't fall into one of those catagories.) - - -Thanks in advanced ;)

·
Registered
670 Posts
I live in NY (Upstate, not NYC) and I got my pistol permit over 2 yrs ago. I put in for my CCW and was only allowed the following: Hunting/Target, Camping, Banking and Employment. I was denied Full Carry or "unrestricted" because I've only had my pistol permit for 2 yrs (They said come back in another couple and try again)....is this the normal for other states? How is it in your state? (I haven't carried at all fearing that my activties for that day, if I were to get pulled over, wouldn't fall into one of those catagories.) - - -Thanks in advanced ;)
I've heard of Massachusetts doing B.S. like this. In Michigan, like most other states, as long as you meet the criteria like being a certain age, no felonies or other serious offenses you can get your permit. My advice would be move out of NY if you can.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Nope not in Texas

·
Registered
24 Posts
No issues here in NH. We have no gun registrstion, no licensing for open carry, and it only took a few days for me to get my license to conceal when I applied(no classes or application board). Also, there are no categories of use for concealment. Either you can or can't, no inbetween

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
22,208 Posts
Not in AZ

·
Registered
116 Posts
It's not that way everywhere in NY. Here in Yates county they issue everyone unrestricted permits. I carry all day, every day!

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
MN is not like that, you can legally CC or OC, when you have your permit, just watch out for places posted no firearms.

·
Registered
99 Posts
KY is not like that either. In fact, we are issued a "deadly weapons" permit. We can carry guns, knives, nunchucks, brass knuckles.....

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Zinker,
Still laughing over that "pistol permit" line. Wise choice not carrying when in doubt. Wide open down here in Louisiana. Even relaxed the laws so that we can carry in places of worship. Catholic Archdiocese says you can't in their churches, so I rib my buddy that I can carry in my Baptist church and he can't in his!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
No restrictions in AZ. When I lived in Upstate NY (Broome County) I wasn't really into guns except for hunting, but I was told it was next to impossible to get a carry permit in Broome, and a buddy of mine moved to the next county so he could get a carry permit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts