Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
he saw the work ive done on my own xd's Sig pro and Glock's and wanted me to take a shot at his XD bitone im very happy with the result what do you think any and all comments welcome .

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
step by step guide please

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first thing I do is take some rough sandpaper and sand over the factory checkering , then i take my Dremel and round off the trigger gaurd , then i use a wood burner and just GENTLY press it to the plastic if you press to hard you will mess up your frame be careful , after i stipple all surfaces i want i take fine sandpaper and go over all stippled surfaces to get sharp edges that will be abrasive to the skin .

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Thanks for the info....

I've seen this done and like it but have been debating this as it will more then likely have an impact on resale/trade value if I (god forbid) would ever part with my XD.

It looks sweet...

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Pretty cool, nice work! Yea, I've kinda got the same mentality about stippling, not that I plan on selling my XD but mainly for myself. If I ever get tired of a certain grip (currently A-Grip) I can always remove and use something else, so I leave the stippling for others. Awesome work though!

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
yea ive never been able to bring myself to do it... but i really like the look.

currently i use skateboard grip tape and i am very happy with it

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
looks cool!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the way i started was with grip tape , hogue grips , etc but i kept having to replace them and as you say you would only want to do this on a gun you are gong to keep . never have to worry about it getting worn out and coming unstuck tho . also if you do decide to do the modification try on an old mag or baseplate first and see how /if you will like the result .

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
ive got a question about these stippling jobs like that....

when you apply heat to the polymer, wont that "weaken" the structure of the plastic????

·
Premium Member
23,923 Posts
i like the rounded trigger guard , give it a nice smooth look

1 - 11 of 11 Posts