Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to buy the XD(M) 3.8 Compact 9mm as my first gun and I have been doing some research on it. Past reviews and videos have shown the packaging includes a lot of accessories to the gun. I went to a few websites to buy the gun, but the pictures from the sites show a different packaging not including the accessories. Did the packaging and items included change?

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
yes

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
and no

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Springfield has begun phasing out the gear packages in favor of "Essentials"

The essentials gives you the gun 2 mags bore brush and lock. If you find a gear package it just means it's a little older inventory. Essentials is a little cheaper and IMO the plastic accessories were pretty useless for any meaningful use.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Springfield has begun phasing out the gear packages in favor of "Essentials"

The essentials gives you the gun 2 mags bore brush and lock. If you find a gear package it just means it's a little older inventory. Essentials is a little cheaper and IMO the plastic accessories were pretty useless for any meaningful use.
ahhhhh now i understand. thanks for the help !

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
I think the only thing I ever used out of my "gear package" is the extra mag, and for range use, the belt holster and belt mag holster.... but that was maybe one or two times out of several years.... would have preferred a less expensive purchase and none of the so-called goodies.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I've got 3 of the "gear packages" stashed away, in case I ever want to sell any of my XDM or XDS firearms.
It ain't likely to happen, but who knows?

Hey, I keep stuff, OK? I've also got the cardboard box that my Ruger Security Six came in in 1972. We don't
throw nothing that MIGHT someday be of value away.

Duane

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yep - speed loader is the only thing I ever used. I read some people like the plastic box too but not sure why; seems like a closet space hog.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For everyone who bought a XDM with all the gear how much was it? I just ordered mine the other day for $600 including tax and I think it was the essentials package.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've got 3 of the "gear packages" stashed away, in case I ever want to sell any of my XDM or XDS firearms.
It ain't likely to happen, but who knows?

Hey, I keep stuff, OK? I've also got the cardboard box that my Ruger Security Six came in in 1972. We don't
throw nothing that MIGHT someday be of value away.

Duane
how do you like your xdm9 compact? I just bought the same exact one

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I love it. It's my every day carry.

Reactions: JJ119

·
Registered
6 Posts
Received a new 9mm 5.25 today. Did not include the holster, mag holder or speed loader, but still included 3 mags. That's all I really cared about, so good with me. I had already ordered an Uplula anyway. :-D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts