Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just installed new AGP mag springs and a Powder River Precision Match Target trigger job in my XD45c.

First let me say, AGP and Powder River are top notch companies. Communication was very good, shipping was fast, and when I had questions I got an immediate answer.

The trigger was a bit more challenging to put in than I imagined. Even with the online videos and great info found here. My first mistake was installing the overtravel reduction on the XD without fitting it and putting the slide on the XD, which in turn made the slide stuck because I couldn't pull the trigger to get it off. Never had this happen, nor have I read about this, so I called Dan at PRP and he very nicely helped me get the slide off.

Anyway, after I put the XD back together and apart a few times to get the overtravel stop fitted, the process became very easy to do. The end result is amazing. All the raves about this trigger job are well earned. I was a bit surprised that the Match Target trigger didn't reduce the pull weight as much as I thought it would. It's a bit less than stock, but definitely worthy of a combat trigger. I've heard some people say it's for target only, not for combat or carry. I personally would disagree. (Edit: That's not a bad thing. It's perfect. I was afraid the trigger would be too light)

The AGP mags took a bit of muscle to get in, cuttting the mags and re-bending the spring so it fits correctly. Once in, the springs give the magazine a newfound authority. The springs are quite a bit thicker than stock. I read about some rattling going on with these springs. I noticed this, too. If I load a bullet in the chamber, then reinsert a fully magazine, there's a very loud rattle coming from the magazine. One of the bullets in the middle of the mag looses a bit of tension, enough to make it rattle. I found that if I seat the bullets by whapping the primer end of the full magazine against my palm (just like on my 220) the rattle completely goes away completely.

Very happy customer, here, and can't wait to get it to the range.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts