Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. Just purchased but have not received my XD 9mm 4", dual twin 10rnd Mags CA Legal gun.
When I got home to research the Springfield gun, I saw there are several in this catagory.
I called the gun shop but no response at this time, and my receipt does not mention part number.

I believe I purchase catalog #XD9101 for over $500+.
I paid a premium because of availability, scarcity and store location. Not an Armageddon-End-All-World issue.

After researching Springfield's online catalog, I noticed two models that seem similar:

Retail $524 MSRP
XD9101 XD 4" "SERVICE MODEL HANDGUN", LOW CAPACITY
9mm 4" bbl, Black, TWO 10 round Magazines

Retail $339 MSRP
XDD9101 "DEFEND YOUR LEGACY" SERIES
9mm 4" bbl, Black, ONE 10 round Magazine

I checked the Springfield comparison mode and there is exactly zero differences
between the guns except XD9101 has two magazines and XDD9101 has one magazine.

XD9101 title states "Service Model", and . . . .

XDD9101 title states "Defend Your Legacy"

Any differences between the two guns? Cannot locate differences within the Springfield website. Maybe it's there.
I'd be very upset if both guns are the same, but the XD9101 is $190 more because of one more magazine.
And that I was sold the cheaper model at the higher model price.

Any and all thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Toppscore :)

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
The XDD are 'stripper' versions, good guns but lack the better sights and several other things, you are getting, or by now already have, the upper class version.

Reactions: Toppscore

·
Registered
981 Posts
Same guns. xdd comes with one mag in a cardboard box. Other version comes in a hard plastic case with holster, mag pouch, and mag loader. The gun and one mag in cardboard box is way better deal.

·
Registered
133 Posts
looks like you picked the wrong one , $190 difference is not worth it for one extra mag , hard case , etc :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The XDD are 'stripper' versions, good guns but lack the better sights and several other things, you are getting, or by now already have, the upper class version.
Doing my research, looks like I got ripped off, unless you can tell me those stripper differences.
Springfield has a "compare" mode stating everything including the sites are the same.
I cannot find any differences. Before I complain, what do you know? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Same guns. xdd comes with one mag in a cardboard box. Other version comes in a hard plastic case with holster, mag pouch, and mag loader. The gun and one mag in cardboard box is way better deal.
Interesting. I will look to check how the XD9101 is packaged. Maybe the mag pouch, plastic case, mag loader are there and I am not aware. Thanks.
I do know about the extra 10 rnd mag.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks like you picked the wrong one , $190 difference is not worth it for one extra mag , hard case , etc :(
Well, at this point I do hope there is the plastic case, etc. The guns appear to be exactly the same. I will check to see what is what. Thanks for the head's up.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
I do not recall where I read it but I thought that one had fiber optic front sight and the other had three white dots, It was a review somewhere, just parroting that info.

Reactions: Toppscore

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do not recall where I read it but I thought that one had fiber optic front sight and the other had three white dots, It was a review somewhere, just parroting that info.
Thank you for thinking about my plight and communicating. Cheers :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Greetings and salutations!

First post here in this XD forum. I'm a brand new XD owner, so be gentle with me. ;) I've a bit of experience with shotguns and rifles when I was younger, but this is the first handgun I've purchased.

I just thought I'd compare my experience with yours, @Toppscore. Yesterday I picked up my brand new XD9 here in the Sunshine State. I ordered it on Aug. 1st and could not take delivery until Sept. 18th due to the demand, shortages, 10-day background check, etc. But it was actually a shorter wait than I was expecting. My receipt says I bought the XD9101 "Essential" package, 4" service model. It came with a box, a zipper pouch, two 10rnd mags, and a chamber flag for $489.99 list. I was expecting a plastic case, but no. Out the door, with various DROS fees, background check fee, tax, etc, it tipped the scales at $571 and change. Mine has the three white dot steel sights. I've already purchased a set of Speedsights for it.

I suppose in these times we should be happy we can still purchase a firearm for self defense. Now I just have to find ammo. I'm sure you've noticed it's in short supply too, at least for us mere mortals here on the Left Coast.

It's gonna be a couple of weeks before I can get to the range to train with my new weapon. I'm chomping at the bit. Anyway, I'm looking forward to picking everyone's brain and becoming the best and safest shooter I can be.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts