Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a set of Meprolight sights for my XD40 subcompact. I got model ML-11410. However, it says for XD pistols with 4" and 5" barrels. I dont recall seing one specific for the subcompact. Are the sights the same, or did I goof?

If I goofed, someone is going to pick up a brand new set of Meprolights cheap in the Trading Post... :D

·
Registered
477 Posts
Yes, you goofed, just let me know how much you want to take those off your hands for you? :)

Really, I have no idea, but those are on my wishlist. If you still haven't found out try sending a PM to ajames, I'm sure he can tell you if they will work for you or not. Good luck.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Every brand of sight I see says "XD series" (and also compatible with some SIG models) and I never see a distinction between subcompact, service and tactical models, so I am going to take it to my gunsmith and see what he says. It is odd that the XD series doesnt even show up on the Meprolight website. I'll post here if they fit.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'd assume that your sights will work just fine on your subbie, but always best to get the expert advice, I'm merely a noob. Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
dude, i hate to say it but you goofed :roll: the only reason i say this is because i did exactly what you did. the meprolights you bought was designed for a 4inch barrel. i had the same ones put on my xd40 and they work fine, but when i test fired my xd9 sc, the point of impact was about 2inches below the point of aim. :shock: this is due to the fact that the barrel length is shorter and the sights sit higher on the sc. i think :roll: if any one know where i can get a set of meprolights for my sc, let me know. i think they are way better than my trijicos.

·
Registered
266 Posts
The difference in POI between your 40 & 9 probably isn't because of barrel length and more because of difference in calibers. I believe there are different heights for the different calibers. If I'm not mistaken, SA had a problem with this from the factory on some models. I've installed new nights sights on both of my .40s (4" & 3") and have had no problems with either one.

·
Registered
437 Posts
87-51 said:
The difference in POI between your 40 & 9 probably isn't because of barrel length and more because of difference in calibers. I believe there are different heights for the different calibers.
+ 1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts