Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
what did yo use to do the polish job? i am currently in the process of my polish job and i am having a hell of a time getting it to have the mirror finish.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used a bench grinder with a polishing wheel and green polishing compound it takes no time to do it. The only parts that were hard was the sear and the internals because they are so small.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I used a bench grinder with a polishing wheel and green polishing compound it takes no time to do it. The only parts that were hard was the sear and the internals because they are so small.
looks like it is off to home depot to get me a polishing wheel for my bench grinder.

G

·
Finally broke down and did mine...Turned out pretty good (I think) for not having any experience. Used a dremel with a sand-paper disc and a felt buffing wheel, then some of the red polish that comes w/ the dremel and some mothers white polish.

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
Once it looks like crap because the black finish is gone, I'll polish mine. Isn't the barrel stainless anyways?? The polished grip safety looks cool too, but I dunno how much shiny stuff I want on it. I'll probably just do where it looks like crap from wear. Good job though, looks sweet! :)

·
Registered
913 Posts
Very nice for both guns....I like the OD green with the black slide and the polished barrel...wish I had the time to sit down and do mine...

Chris

·
Registered
133 Posts
Did you color the logo of your XD? It looks red. What's the scoop.

Finally broke down and did mine...Turned out pretty good (I think) for not having any experience. Used a dremel with a sand-paper disc and a felt buffing wheel, then some of the red polish that comes w/ the dremel and some mothers white polish.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts