Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amybody have any thoughts on the new DB9 from diamondback? I'm kinda thinking about a pocket gun and I like this one better than the Keltec. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
I did a little research and I decided on the Ruger LC9, but the pf9 would be a great choice too. From what I have read, the DB9 is a gun that requires premium ammo. Even the NATO 9mm was too under powered for this gun.

I went with the Ruger over the pf9 just for the looks of the LC9. Both are good gun of similar design.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Problems galore, just like the POS 380 they built. Avoid, Avoid, Avoid.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
A shooting buddy just got one. The only thing it has going for it is size.
He tried my PF-9, while I tried his DB9. He likes the trigger of my PF-9 better.

While we didn't have any malfunctions that day, as others (and the DB Forum) have mentioned, there's a bunch of reported issues with the DB9. It's a brand new pocket pistol. Give it a year to see if they get the bugs worked out of it.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
buy a Kahr CM9 or PM9 instead. There's several alternatives to it that have established themselves as good pistols.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Update on my buddy's DB9...
Multiple FTFeed issues... Nosedives, Double-feeds.
Multiple FTEs as well as other misc. issues.
He has no problems with similar Sub-Compacts, like the PF-9, LC9 or similar.
His DB9 is on its way back for service.

Like any brand new platform... Don't jump out there and volunteer to be a guinea-pig. Give 'em a Year.

·
Registered
70 Posts
buy a Kahr CM9 or PM9 instead. There's several alternatives to it that have established themselves as good pistols.
I have both the db9 and the kahr cm9. the Kahr had to go right back because of a faulty barrel (was peening)
the diamondback has been perfect so far with 225 rounds through it.
i find the diamondback to be more accurate also.
fact is all micro 9mm pistols are hit or miss.
my kahr has been great since they replaced the barrel.
if you want a small pocket pistol you might have to send it back.
All these micro guns have a high problem rate.
I think it is worth it to have a 9mm I can throw in my shorts front pocket and forget it is even their. (live in Florida)
It is better than having nothing and I know the first round will always fire.
That being said I would not trust any of these micro guns as much as I trust my xdm 45 or glock 27. They are what i carry when I can.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts