Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, first time poster here looking for some help/info.

I was thinking about buying a set of Diamond Speed Sights: Tritium Blazer Orange front, with Tritium White Diamond shape rear, for my Glock 19. Now I realize that the diamond shape on the rear sight is white, but what color does the rear tritium insert glow when it’s night-time?

Example:

The front tritium insert glows green at night-time (regardless if it’s the Blazer Orange or Bright Lime outline) but does the rear tritium insert glow a different color so that it is easier to see the front sight for “Home Defense.”

I only ask because I am looking for sights with two reartritium insert colors that differ from the front sight, for a less confusing situation in a low light or no light situation. I find it hard to judge if the front and rear tritium inserts all glow green at night-time. My eyes are getting old lol.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Welcome from GA!

I don't have any experience with the Diamond Speed Sights, but here is a link to James' website with some great info and photos.

I'm sure someone will come along to confirm or correct, but I'm pretty sure the front & rear tritium inserts are green.

I have Tru Glo sights on all my carry guns, except for my XDs...they're coming soon ;). You can get those with a green front/green rear, or green front/yellow rear. Here's a pic of my Glocks to give you an idea:

These sights have been great in all lighting conditions. The yellow rear is slightly muted in the dark, but still easy to pick up.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts