Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image.jpeg
check out my new Diamond Speed Sight on my XDs .45! This is a great sight picture especially if you wear glasses. Very easy alignment and tritium inserts work great!

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
nice.... I am trying to save some pennies to put these on all of mine. Let us know how you like 'em long-term!!

Reactions: Greg XD

·
Registered
14 Posts
That front sight looks Sharp...as in pointy. Is it prone to snagging?
Haven't noticed any snagging. I use a Flashbang Capone IWB holster for my daily carry and I practice my draw/reholster regularly (just for practice). I just ordered a Vetter OWB and I am anxious to see how it works with this gun/sight.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that is just a gimmick to be different, the standard 3 DOT works the same, pick your colors.
Well, actually it isn't a gimmick. To explain the psychology behind centering diamonds vs round circles would be a waste of bandwidth for this reply. It's like saying sending pictures through the air and showing them on a screen is a gimmick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
I tried those & maybe I am just a bit old school, but there is just waaay to much going on there to get good accurate shooting done with those sights, IMO. Plain black rear, Front, nothing faster for irons for me, nothing to line up, just fornt sight & go, but everyone is diff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I LOVE mine! Had them now about a year and half and couldn't be happier. The horizontal plane of lining up the diamond points is the fastest sight acquisition I've ever used. I'll never go back. To each his own.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
I meant to add FO front, plain black rear. Nothing to confuse the eye. Look at what top USPSA/IDPA guys use, they are usually cutting edge & I doubt anyone is winning with those sights but you are right, to each his own. Just be sure you try them before committing to them. XD sights are not easy to get on & off.

·
Premium Member
127,703 Posts
Tried them, didn't like them

·
Registered
14 Posts
I LOVE mine! Had them now about a year and half and couldn't be happier. The horizontal plane of lining up the diamond points is the fastest sight acquisition I've ever used. I'll never go back. To each his own.
I agree; fastest target acquisition ever. It's natural like pointing the cursor on a computer. I have only one eye and the diamonds are way better that the dots I have on my 3.3 (for my handicap).

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
No serious shooter aligns the white dots on the front & rear. Again guys, look at what the top master shooters use, it is not a gutter sight or this. Just saying.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not sure I understand your point Fred...what defines a "serious shooter"? Is proper sight alignment out the window? Who really cares what they do in IDPA/USPSA? If I want to use something different I really don't care what anyone else's opinion is. It's contest shooting, nothing more. To say "serious shooters" only includes contest shooters is quite unfair to the rest of the masses. Why not just say you don't like them and leave it at that?

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Not sure I understand your point Fred...what defines a "serious shooter"? Is proper sight alignment out the window? Who really cares what they do in IDPA/USPSA? If I want to use something different I really don't care what anyone else's opinion is. It's contest shooting, nothing more. To say "serious shooters" only includes contest shooters is quite unfair to the rest of the masses. Why not just say you don't like them and leave it at that?
Serious shooter, someone that shoots more than once a month. Competition shooters drive a lot of the gear & techniques used by LE & military spec ops. So poopoo all you want, but that is just fact. I have no issue with using whatever you want, just noting that before anyone invests time & $$ in the latest "better", they check out what the pros use, both competition & combat. Maybe that helps your understanding, whether you agree or not.
I've worked with enough casual shooters, struggling to get good accuracy at any decent rate of speed with all manner of sights. Simple is often better when you have to do it at more than one round per second or hit something at more than contact distance. BTW, proper sight alignment is NOT, never has been aligning the dots on the front & rear sight. Why I prefer plain rear, FO front, it's stupid fast & I can make head shots at decent speed @ 20yds. For night fighting, front & rear tritium of diff colors is very fast & accurate with little to no light as far out as you can see the target. In close, under 15yds at night, a tritium only front works quite well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Serious shooter, someone that shoots more than once a month. Competition shooters drive a lot of the gear & techniques used by LE & military spec ops. So poopoo all you want, but that is just fact. I have no issue with using whatever you want, just noting that before anyone invests time & $$ in the latest "better", they check out what the pros use, both competition & combat. Maybe that helps your understanding, whether you agree or not.
I've worked with enough casual shooters, struggling to get good accuracy at any decent rate of speed with all manner of sights. Simple is often better when you have to do it at more than one round per second or hit something at more than contact distance. BTW, proper sight alignment is NOT, never has been aligning the dots on the front & rear sight. Why I prefer plain rear, FO front, it's stupid fast & I can make head shots at decent speed @ 20yds. For night fighting, front & rear tritium of diff colors is very fast & accurate with little to no light as far out as you can see the target. In close, under 15yds at night, a tritium only front works quite well.
Not arguing with your stats Fred, but I put these sights on my xds 4 and I love them. I shoot live ammo weekly and training laser daily so I consider myself a serious shooter. My groups have improved and my speed of target acquisition has increased. I am shooting more accurately at longer distances (yesterday I was hitting a 10" brake drum at 40 and 50 yards.....just for fun). I do have a handicap being right side dominant with no right eye and shooting left handed, but with a slight sight adjustment with my Diamond sights I am shooting pretty fair again. BTW I thought the XDS was illegal in California.......how do you get around that (not being a SA....I was thinking about visiting a friend and we both shoot).

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Not arguing with your stats Fred, but I put these sights on my xds 4 and I love them. I shoot live ammo weekly and training laser daily so I consider myself a serious shooter. My groups have improved and my speed of target acquisition has increased. I am shooting more accurately at longer distances (yesterday I was hitting a 10" brake drum at 40 and 50 yards.....just for fun). I do have a handicap being right side dominant with no right eye and shooting left handed, but with a slight sight adjustment with my Diamond sights I am shooting pretty fair again. BTW I thought the XDS was illegal in California.......how do you get around that (not being a SA....I was thinking about visiting a friend and we both shoot).
Again, if it works for you, great, just pointing out that they are not for everyone & before one pops for the sights & install, give them a try. Don't favor them, too busy for me, then I don't even like white dots. Again. look at what the pros use, competition or combat. If there is a better way, they will get there before the rest.
The XDs is not illegal here, just can't buy them. We did have a single shot exemption that allowed purchase & those guns can be sold face to face so still possible to get them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts