Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that when you install a tungsten guiderod it will help reduce muzzle flip but i am not sure if i want to spend 80 just yet.....

Does anyone know how heavy a DGR is?

Cadet Wilson

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Actually the guide rod does not reduce muzzle flip, it just allows you to use different weight springs which will allow you to reduce muzzle flip, or more appropriately change the recoil is felt.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Canyon Creek Tungsten Guide Rod for the small frame XD is nearly twice the weight of a stainless steel guide rod for the Service model and three times heavier than the Tactical length guide rod. By adding this nonreciprocating mass to the muzzle end of the gun, you ease both muzzle flip and felt recoil. The Guide Rod for the Service model includes one bushing. An Independent test showed that the use of a Tungsten Guide Rod reduced split times on a double tap by 37% (meaning quicker follow up shots) over a stock weight guide rod.

PISTOLGEAR | YOUR ONE-STOP SHOP FOR ALL SPRINGFIELD XD

.....Cadet Wilson

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
btt....

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
2.3 oz.

The thing you need to keep in mind when adding weight to your pistol that it will absorb the energy or recoil but heavier a gun is, the more energy it takes to start and stop the pistol. This comes into play when shooting multiple targets. ie. If the gun is hard to start and stop, it doesn't matter how flat it shoots.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmmmm......

So what would be a good way to reduce muzzle flip on the XD40 without adding weight? Stiffer spring maybe?.....

Cadet Wilson

1 - 7 of 7 Posts