Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning up the other day and was about to through this away then a light bulb appeared above my head and I thought why not make this. It is lockable and well built. I bought the foam at a craft store for $5 it holds the pistol firm and leaves a cool imprint!

Here is a target from my first trip to the range with my Gen I HS 2000
This is my first pistol and I am extremly happy with it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the replys, I thought that it was pretty cool myself.
I will think twice the next time I see a guy walking down the street with at tool case :D I have a makita case I think that I need to go buy a gun to fill it :lol:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey thanks!! :shock:

Great idea, I also have an old Dewalt case collecting dust.

Don't use anything except Ridgid now......

Nick

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking about sanding off the Dewalt logo, I would keep it in my safe and use to xport only.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I know we are off topic here, but at least the thread was started correctly.

I do like Ridgid, I had/have a few DeWalt tools (had a 14.4 1/2" drill that died) and have a have a few other corded DeWalt's including a plunge router.

I have 8 Ridgid tools, of which 4 are 18V with fan cooled 30 min dual chargers.
My 12" miter/chop saw is 7 years old and have never had an issue with it or any other Ridgid tools.

Also, Ridgid has a lifetime service warranty which also covers the batteries.

Dewalt is Black and Decker, they are made by the same company and I know I can't stand B&D.

Hope this helps,
Nick

·
Registered
61 Posts
Pistol Pete, did you use a Dremel to cut out the molded partitions in the top and bottom of the case?

I have been using a small handsaw to cut them out, but might go to the Dremel, but cutting plastic at high RPM's usually gums up your cutting blade and will sometimes just melt and cool slightly bonded again.

Nick

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wanted to use a dremel but I ended up using a box cutter. It took long and all the time I thought that I was going to cut myself but it ended up working well. I would recomend a dremel but be careful not to go through the case. Post pics when you are done

·
Registered
30 Posts
What kind of foam is that exactly? Was there much trimming involved? It just so happens I have an old Dewalt drill case lying around, and will be obtaining my new XD 40 Service in a few days. I found this post just in time. I was like yourself ready to throw that case away.

Josh

BTW first time post, I am glad I found this website. Before I found this site it was a toss up between a glock and the XD. But after reading some posts on this site and actually shooting an XD, the decision was very easy to make.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nope, but my old 12 volt drill batteries crapped out on me so instead of paying $100-$120 for new batteries I opted to purchase a new 14.4 Dewalt for $180.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.