Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've just purchased a Xds 4.0 for concealed carry. After looking around the Internet for a few days, I stumbled across Detroit Holsters (Detroit Holster Custom Kydex Holster Glock 42 Glock 43 ) and really liked the look of their 8 mile and Metro holsters. I do a lot of research before buying anything, however I cannot find much of customer reviews and opinions about this company and products. Anyone have any experience with them and use one of these holsters?

Thanks,
Mills.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I have a Metro for my XDsc and like it so well that I sold my Raven Phantom. It rides very secure as long as you get the belt clips locked on your belt. The 90/10 split is much more comfortable than the 50/50 on the Raven. Here is the thread about mine.

Detroit Holster XDTalk Forums

I have bought spare belt clips and still highly recommend the Metro.

Reactions: Cmills881

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Happy to hear you like it. Thanks for the link to your thread, I'm pretty happy I ordered one now!! Have you tired the Iwb belt clips? I wonder if it would be tolerable to Wear Iwb.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I have an XDs for IWB carry so I haven't tried my Metro IWB, but do have clips to switch it if necessary.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I use either a single clip kydex holster for quick trips or a Stealth Gear Onyx for all day carry. Both are very comfortable, but the Stealth Gear is more comfortable and stable due to the backing and dual clips. The Stealth Gear is expensive but is custom made to each gun model. It has the minimum amount of material needed for both the backing and the shell. I had an Alien Gear that I carried my XDs and my XDsc in. The backing is a one size fits most compact guns. The shell is large so that the mounting holes fit all across the range of gun models they support. Needless to say I sold it once I got my Stealth Gear.

One of the main reasons I like my Metro so well is that I now have two holsters for my two carry guns that I can put on or take off easily.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts