Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jut got my desert warrior a couple weeks ago. Still less than 100 rounds through it. Ive wanted a 1911 for years, nobody can deny that with all the high tech advancement we've made that a 100yr old design is still up there with the best of the best.

I have mods i'm working on now. I'm installing a stainless barrel bushing, stainless recoil spring plug, and a 3-hole aluminum trigger. By the summer i want to remove the lanyard and install a nice magwell

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Nice looking piece...how does it shoot?

I have a TLE II and it is a tackhammer....I'll bet the Desert Warrior shoots as good or better.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would have to say its the best handgun i've ever shot. Its great out the box and the mods i'm doing are only for cosmetics. I just want a little stainless here and there.

The desert warrior is a duty pistol, and not as tight as some other Kimbers, but they loosened tolerences slightly for utter reliability. I cant compare the trigger to anything else really because its the first 1911 ive ever shot, but it breaks at 4lbs, great sights, and I'm still working on accuracy.

Only 100 shots through her and the best I can do is 5" groups at 25yards. My accuracy will improve once i get more range time in

Thanks

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Very nice Desert Warrior.

I love my Kimber Ultra CDP:cool:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The mods I'm doing are cosmetic, but i'm installing a stainless bushing, stainless recoil spring plug, and stainless 3-hole trigger.

in a few months I'm removing the lanyard, and installing a magwell... Maby painted same color a gun.

The Desert Warrior is one of the nicest "production" 1911's out there, and is ready for combat out the box

1 - 7 of 7 Posts