Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I put a Desert Eagle 1911G on layaway at Buds Gun Shop. Im waiting on some money to come from a couple c&r guns that I sold on GunBroker and I will pay it off. Anyone else here have one? Ive read some good things about them.

·
Premium Member
127,986 Posts
As an FFL I have sold a few to happy customers.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Not really sure what the DE 1911's do that command the premium over a Filipino 1911.

Can anyone explain their allure?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not really sure what the DE 1911's do that command the premium over a Filipino 1911.

Can anyone explain their allure?
This is from the website on them. It wasnt much more than a Rock Island and it looks way cooler.

Featuring all the timeless style of an American original and sharing the proud heritage of the legendary Desert Eagle, the new .45 ACP 1911 from Magnum Research comes fully equipped with top-of-the-line custom features at a basic model price that blows away the competition. The frame is precision cast and machined from high quality carbon steel and the slide is machined from solid billets of steel than finished in a matte black. The Desert Eagle 1911 comes loaded with outstanding features that would cost extra from a custom gunsmith. Some of these features include a high-ride beavertail grip safety, extended magazine release, aluminum trigger with an overtravel stop, stainless steel full-length guide rod, extended thumb safety, enlarged ejection port, beveled magazine well and double-diamond checkered wood grips held in place by stainless steel hex screws.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Ah, so you get a "sweet" billboard on the slide and nothing that the competition doesn't offer. Gotcha. I do mean it when I say to enjoy the pistol, regardless of my opinion.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
They're put together good. Turkish built. I've handled one when they first came out. The price they were asking I'd have easily taken a Spartan over it though.

The finish looks better than the Rock's park job and fitting of the safeties was a little nicer.

Small mark slide Rocks have my heart for the cheap 1911's though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah, so you get a "sweet" billboard on the slide and nothing that the competition doesn't offer. Gotcha. I do mean it when I say to enjoy the pistol, regardless of my opinion.
Yes it is sweet, and for your information its made by Bul in Israel...yes the same company that makes the Polymer frame Springfield/Kimber/Charles Daly 1911

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Yes it is sweet, and for your information its made by Bul in Israel...yes the same company that makes the Springfield 1911
Too bad there's a huge difference between a forged and cast frame. Also, where did you get your information about them making Springfield 1911's? The Brazilians do that. You may be confused that Springfield has imported other firearms made by other companies (XD is a Croatian pistol, etc). Is there anything else you'd like to school me on regarding 1911's? I'm always down for learning something new.

I do love me some Israeli firearms, though:

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/non-xd-handguns/259028-my-imi-jericho-941-resto-mod-project.html

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Too bad there's a huge difference between a forged and cast frame. Also, where did you get your information about them making Springfield 1911's? The Brazilians do that. You may be confused that Springfield has imported other firearms made by other companies (XD is a Croatian pistol, etc). Is there anything else you'd like to school me on regarding 1911's? I'm always down for learning something new.

I do love me some Israeli firearms, though:

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/non-xd-handguns/259028-my-imi-jericho-941-resto-mod-project.html
Sure I will school ya. BUL M-5 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Premium Member
7,075 Posts
The gunsmith who did all the work on my Colt was going on and on about what a well built sweet shooter the D.E. is. He has worked on many guns and said it was the best bang for the buck out there, out of the box. I've been planing on trying one out myself. Congrats!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I've had a DE 1911 since last May. It's all good except for that stinkin' billboard. The gun has several hundred rounds fired and it's performed without the slightest problem. The triggers on most 1911's are good but this one is sweet. The grips and MSH/magwell were added. The slide to frame is well fitted with an exceptional smooth action on a series 70 pistol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've had a DE 1911 since last May. It's all good except for that stinkin' billboard. The gun has several hundred rounds fired and it's performed without the slightest problem. The triggers on most 1911's are good but this one is sweet. The grips and MSH/magwell were added.

Hey, I actually like the Billboard, and that gun is sweet! Love those grips, Who makes them?

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
That's an imported pistol. Saying that BUL makes Springfield 1911's is like saying that CZ makes Springfield XD's because Springfield imported the P9. Your claim is a stretch. Providing a component (in this case the poly frame of the Bul M-5) is not the same as manufacturing pistols for a company.

I have to say, I wouldn't mind having a M-5 in my collection, though. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
The lightweight UC is sweet....almost bought one last week....but for such a well made pistol....it has very plain sights....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts