Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone describe stovepiping in an XD? I haven't had one yet, but I want to know what to look out for or how it feels.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
The slide will slam shut and nothing will happen when you pull the trigger. Then if you look at the top of the slide you will see a bullet sticking out of the top of the sldie. It will be sticking strait up stuck between the barrel and slide.

·
Registered
127 Posts
that's happened to me before, it happens when you don't rack the slide well or too slow or have the gun pointed upward while you're doing it slowly.

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
There's a vatiety if reasons for stovepiping. Weak recoil spring, dirt, limp-wristing, etc...

·
Registered
260 Posts
ajamesp51 said:
The slide will slam shut and nothing will happen when you pull the trigger. Then if you look at the top of the slide you will see a bullet sticking out of the top of the sldie. It will be sticking strait up stuck between the barrel and slide.
Aw, ajames, "a bullet"? I'd be very, very worried if that happened :D An empty case I would believe, though.

WyoBob

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Ok I meant a case sticking out of the top of the slide. Although I have seen a bullet befor but not in an xd.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts