Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using one? Ive used it on smaller guns in the past, and it was definitely comfortable and held the gun well, but never on a full sized pistol. With a retail of $75, I dont want to just drop the cash if I may not like it.

If youre using it:

How well does it hold the gun?
Conceal it well?
Comfortable with the full size?

-Thanks

·
Registered
199 Posts
I carried a glock 23 in a Desantis Cozy Partner with no problems. The holster was comfortable and i liked the adjustable tension screw. It concealed well and carried well. I did have to get use to the angle that the holster held the gun at but after a week I was use to it. I am thinking about getting another Desantis Cozy Partner holster for my sheild.

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
I like mine for my XDm 3.8. $75 is pretty high, check around for a lower price, MSRP is always higher than actual retail. Amazon.com carries DeSantis.
I wanted a Bianchi Black Widow 5 for my XDms but the ONLY place I could find it was on Bianchi USA's own website and they were charging MSRP (around 64 bux) whereas everyone else was in the $43-$47 range, albeit for the wrong gun. DeSantis is pretty mainstream, there will be several online retailers who can hook you up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Amazon does have them cheaper than MSRP, but still didnt want to buy w/o hearing some opinions on it as Ive already got 2 other holsters for the gun.

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
Right, good call. I like mine a lot. Fits well, conceals well, and has good retention. I'm starting to look into some of the hybrids now for EDC, but I still love the look, feel, and smell of a leather holster....enough so that I just ordered a belt slide OWB from Tennessee Holsters for range and plinking/camping duty.

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
What are the other two holsters and are you interested in selling or trading them off? I've got leather for Sigs, Beretta 92, 1911s, and a few others that I no longer own the guns I bought them for.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive got a Desantis thumb break scabbard that was for my old XDm 9mm but its so worn in it holds my 45 tight. And Ive got a DSG Alpha. Both OWB, both Im keeping.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, down to the one DSG holster. I never tryed the snap when I fit the .45 to the old Desantis. It doesnt close. And the tension screw backed out and I lost that and the rubber grommet.

Probably pick up the Cozy Partner this weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts