Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is almost 5 months since I returned from Afghanistan. As a kid, I always wanted a gun and while I was in Afghanistan I was doing a lot of research of what kind of gun I want. Plus, I ordered a commemorative S&W MOE deployment rifle while in the sandbox.

My first month upon return I bought a Sig 1911-22B, M&P9, and XD9. As time went by I bought LCP for my CW, M&P 15-22, and ordered the S&W loaded champion .45 and the loaded 9mm. I have already received my champion a month after ordering it and I am waiting on my loaded 9mm.

I am happy with my stash that I done looking at guns! lol about 8 guns in about 5 months? not bad! lol :rolleyes:

Plus, I have stocked up on ammo with about 1000 each of 9mm, 380 and .45ACP, and 4000 .22LR.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
You deserve everyone :D I returned from Korea last August after a year, bought 7 guns since, two went bye-bye as lemons but the rest, still going strong. I save and bought my Sig P226 Navy to celebrate 18 years active duty navy as well.

·
Registered
464 Posts
thanks to both of you, for putting your life on the line for our freedom. enjoy the rewards of your hard earned money.

·
Registered
316 Posts
First.......thanks for your service!

Sounds like you have a great collection started!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for appreciating our sacrifice. Hardly see it expressed in public. :)

I am set to deploy again next year. CRAZY!

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Thank you for appreciating our sacrifice. Hardly see it expressed in public. :)
I couldn't agree more with your statement. I worked for CENTCOM and would travel in and out of the AOR sometimes for months at a time. My last year, I was in the sandbox 5 1/2 months of the year. I'd return home and see all the stupid crap people focused on. The only ones that appreciated the sacrifice were those that had served or had/knew someone serving. Very sad.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree. To me it is usually the people who have served or know somebody who has served.

People are too worried about Justin Beiber, Jersey Shore and other BS until SHTF then they start appreciating thing.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Sounds like you know what you're doing. centerfire calibers to use; rimfire to practice with.

make that 1,000 rounds of each your centerfire calibers your rainy day fund; keep it in your closet/safe and buy more as you go shooting.

My homecoming gun was a Stag AR lower that I built into an A2. I had to go with a budget build partly because I also bought my wife a beretta tomcat during that deployment.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Hey man, right on! What branch?

I already told my wife that when I get back from my next pump that I am getting a SA 5'' Loaded, along with a CBST and CB belt and Serpa to go with it. And a XDm 4.5 9mm for competition.

I told her there was a larger list for the re-up bonus :D

Enjoy your toys while you can. Good thing is they just need dusted off when you get back, then back to the range!

Edit : I just saw that you are army, 101st

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey man, right on! What branch?

I already told my wife that when I get back from my next pump that I am getting a SA 5'' Loaded, along with a CBST and CB belt and Serpa to go with it. And a XDm 4.5 9mm for competition.

I told her there was a larger list for the re-up bonus :D

Enjoy your toys while you can. Good thing is they just need dusted off when you get back, then back to the range!

Edit : I just saw that you are army, 101st
Medical Service Officer, which is a Medical Platoon Leader.

I am just glad my wife is fine with me getting guns since she says I deserve whatever I want.

I store my ammo in my closet in plastic/surplus ammo containers.

I just bought a 3x magnifier for my 15-22 and bipod. To make plinking much better! lol

Will deploy in the near future so more toys when I get back! haha

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Thank you again for your service!

Looks like all that extra hazardous duty pay is working out for ya! Congratulations! :p

·
Registered
69 Posts
This is what I think you should do.

Get a functional hand gun. One that is reliable, and that can be carried if wanted. Nothing is worse than buying a hand gun that is impossible to carry because it will lead to buying another one.

Go to the store and rent a bunch of different ones if you can and then decide. Thats how I ended up with the collection I have now. All can be carried and are functional

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got my guns because I wanted them and based on reviews. I did not get them based on it being comfortable to carry. Me EDC is a LCP. If I wanted to carry bigger, it'd carry my SA .45 champion, but so far my LCP is perfect.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts