Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

This is my first post on here, so go easy on me.

I recently just purchased my Springfield XD 45 tactical, and so far I’m very happy with it. I took it to the range last weekend, and put about 50 rounds through it (not much I know).

I was cleaning it this weekend when I noticed a small dent on the slide component near the recoil spring /guide port (Apologies for wrong nomenclature). Knowing that the slide is forged steel, what’s the likelihood that this is a manufacturing defect versus something that I inflicted within the first two weeks of ownership?

My bigger question is, from what you can see is there any reason to believe this would adversely affect the functionality of the firearm?

I appreciate any thoughts you all might have. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
View attachment 806043 Hi all!

This is my first post on here, so go easy on me.

I recently just purchased my Springfield XD 45 tactical, and so far I’m very happy with it. I took it to the range last weekend, and put about 50 rounds through it (not much I know).

I was cleaning it this weekend when I noticed a small dent on the slide component near the recoil spring /guide port (Apologies for wrong nomenclature). Knowing that the slide is forged steel, what’s the likelihood that this is a manufacturing defect versus something that I inflicted within the first two weeks of ownership?

My bigger question is, from what you can see is there any reason to believe this would adversely affect the functionality of the firearm?

I appreciate any thoughts you all might have. Thanks so much.
It looks like it may be there before the bluing finish was put on. However it is not going to ever change appearance or cause any problem with the gun. Like a new car, consider it your first ding and then forever forget about it. You will always be able ti identify your gun if it gets stollen.

·
Registered
254 Posts
It is an unfortunate minor manufacturing defect that will not affect operation of the gun.
Shoot it, enjoy it.

Reactions: Tothebanks

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Gun tattoo....first of many :cool:

·
Registered
9,886 Posts
Welcome to XDTalk.
You're not sposta be looking at that end anyway... that's for bad guys and I doubt they'll be able to look past the big hole on the top. They surely won't be looking for flaws in your slide.

.45s are bitchin', good choice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to XDTalk.
You're not sposta be looking at that end anyway... that's for bad guys and I doubt they'll be able to look past the big hole on the top. They surely won't be looking for flaws in your slide.

.45s are bitchin', good choice.
Haha fair!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts