Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with these rifle kits from Del-Ton? Pretty good price at $605.00 shipped +FFL Transfer fee. Just looking for a range gun. Just for fun times.

Del-Ton, Inc. AR-15 Rifle Kits - 16"

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
my father, agalindo, has two del ton rifle kits, he has had no problems at all with them

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Delton is good to go and makes excellent quality kits, they are not top of the line but for most people will use them for they are an exceptional bargain.

some will say that they are substandard but almost everyone that i have seen that has bought one has been very happy with it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I just finished putting one together for a buddy. It's a pretty nice piece, and so far has taken any ammo we've put through it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Del-Ton kits and parts are good to go. I have used 3 of their kits to build ARs for my pals, and they all have no issues with their rifles. I have orderd numerous parts from them, and they have all been great, and fast shipping to boot. Their 16" light weight chrome lined uppers are pretty popular with the skinny-barrel crowd on arfcom.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Del-Ton's seem to be pretty popular lately. I'm looking to do my first build with one. Are the Chrome or TiN Bolt & Carrier upgrade worth the extra money on these? How about the LPK with the RRA 2 Stage Trigger?

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you are building a target rifle, the two stage trigger is nice. For an iron sighted rifle, its not necessary, in my opinion. As far as the chrome or titanium-nitride finished bolt groups...I personally spend the extra money on mags and/or ammo. While chrome is nice, being a little slicker and easier to clean, a proper bolt carrier will have a chrome lining in the bolt head raceway to prevent excessive carbon build up and make cleaning easier. TiN is pretty hard stuff, and not needed either. Keep it lubed properly, and if you can afford to shoot it enough to wear the bolt group out, you can certainly afford a new bolt group (and bbl.) at that point. :D

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
I got my kit yesterday. It was the 16 inch midlength flattop. I ordered it last Tuesday. Everything was there. I don't know much about them yet but it appears top notch. It fit my Stag lower perfectly. It even had M4 feed ramps which I wasn't expecting. I'll be shooting it for the first time tomorrow and I'll let you know how it did. You might call first. They were out of the chrome moly barrels so I had to go with the chrome lined. Wait time on the chrome moly barrels was 8-12 weeks.

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
I wouldn't want a "heavy" barrel personally.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I wouldn't want a "heavy" barrel personally.
Yep, I've got (2) completel AR's (well, at least the rest of the parts for the second one are in the mail or at my house)... my match/varmant rifle, which is a J&T 24" bull barrel kit rifle (1:8, stainless .910 barrel, flat top, floated barrel, pic. rail gas block, etc)... With the extra 3# in the stock, I've not weighed it, but it's got to be close to 15#... MUCH heavier than my Garand... This is a target/accuracy rig, that I WOULD NOT want to carry around for any length of time...

My new rifle is a CMMG Gov. profile midlength 16" barrel'd upper W/ BCG, 1:7, chrome lining, M4 ramps, flat top, etc. for $525 (because none of the kit companies make a gov't profile middy), with a Mega lower and 6-position stock... Paying right at $100 more for it than for the Del-Ton kit with M4 ramps and chrome lining, but I hear it's a better upper, it's 1:7 (same 75gr. accurate loads as my 24" I suspect), and it's a lightweight barrel....

I figured I wanted to have something for accuracy that I did't have to carry around much, and one for plinking (if you can afford to plink any more), a .22LR conversion plinking, carbine/e-gun matches, and heaven forbid, more "social occasions" should there be a disaster of some kind (Katrina ring a bell?)...

Mike

·
Registered
184 Posts
My new rifle is a CMMG Gov. profile midlength 16" barrel'd upper W/ BCG, 1:7, chrome lining, M4 ramps, flat top, etc. for $525 (because none of the kit companies make a gov't profile middy), with a Mega lower and 6-position stock... Paying right at $100 more for it than for the Del-Ton kit with M4 ramps and chrome lining, but I hear it's a better upper, it's 1:7 (same 75gr. accurate loads as my 24" I suspect), and it's a lightweight barrel....
Mike did you order the CMMG 16 1/7 Lightweight Mid-Length Upper w/625 FSB - SKU Number: U-1605L7 or the CMMG 16” Mid-Length Upper - SKU Number: U-1605. I'm contemplating the same thing... Del-Ton vs. CMMG. Thanks!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Mike did you order the CMMG 16 1/7 Lightweight Mid-Length Upper w/625 FSB - SKU Number: U-1605L7 or the CMMG 16” Mid-Length Upper - SKU Number: U-1605. I'm contemplating the same thing... Del-Ton vs. CMMG. Thanks!
I posted this earlier in another thread, but here's what I'm building...

I ordered one of those 2 (whichever this one is), from here:
AIM CMMG .223/5.56x45 AR15 Mid Length 16" Complete Upper Half CMMG .223/5.56x45 AR15 Mid Length 16" Complete Upper Half
$525 with $0.01 shipping

populated Mega lower W/O stock for $170
AR-15 Lower receivers

This guy's 6-position stock for $54
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&...25&t=263404

Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts