Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at Ordering a complete Del-ton Upper and Lower for My M4 style rifle with 1x7 twist and chrome lined barrel with free float four rail handguards is $1100 a good all around price for a custom built AR and is Delton a company that I can have full respect for and get full respect from other rifleman? It will have the Ergo Grip and the Handgaurds and and rear sight will be from YHM?

·
Registered
367 Posts
how are you getting up to 1100$ if you dont mind me asking?

not that you are wrong, I'm just curious.

I have a Del-ton M4 complete rifle kit, mine ran me $750-ish with CTR stock, m4 ramps, chromelined barrel, yhm free float 4rail, yhm gasblock flipfront sight.

·
Registered
173 Posts
1100 seems a bit high for Delton. Double check your price or maybe you have more options, but Delton is a good reputable company that stands behind their product. They have great customer service, and as long as they have it in stock, they ship fast too.

I have a lightweight Upper 16", chrome lined, m4 feeds, some YHM options, and it fires great and shoots even the cheapest of ammo without a hitch. I recommend them. :D

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
I am looking at Ordering a complete Del-ton Upper and Lower for My M4 style rifle with 1x7 twist and chrome lined barrel with free float four rail handguards is $1100 a good all around price for a custom built AR and is Delton a company that I can have full respect for and get full respect from other rifleman? It will have the Ergo Grip and the Handgaurds and and rear sight will be from YHM?
The stuff that I made bold is what put you on the $1,100 dollar range. One time when I was pricing one out with all the goodies, it reached that amount. I don't remember exactly what I had on there... But if you buy a basic del-ton kit, and start adding on the things you want that you could've ordered with the kit, then you would probably be spending a little bit more if not the same amount.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Well you don't need rail panel covers, we didn't know you were getting $90 in Pmags, and you don't need the flip up rear sight. Thats where the extra $250 came from. Makes more sense now.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Ok, I see what you did. you ordered the lower and upper seperate.

have you taken a look at doing it this way maybe:

Del-Ton, Inc. AR-15 16" Rifle Kit
+78$ for YHM 4rail free float
+17$ for ergo grip
+45$ 1x7 twist chrome lined barrel
= 530$ for complete rifle less striped lower.
then include your shipping costs.

AIM Magpul Polymer 30rd .223 AR15/M16 PMAG Magazines Magpul Polymer 30rd .223 AR15/M16 PMAG Magazines
85.21$ for 6 pmags with .01$ shipping cost no tax.
AIM Superior Arms S-15 AR15 .223/5.56 Lower Receiver Superior Arms S-15 AR15 .223/5.56 Lower Receiver
79.95$ for striped lower reciever, 7.68$ shipping.
+FFL transfer fee.

approx. cost = 735$ even throw another 150$ on for things I forgot = 885$

just a thought. you'd get to the same conclusion but less about 300$. :p

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good Idea Speed no I hadn't thought about that but I will investigate thanks for the help fella's

How am I supposed to aim a flat top rifle without a rear sight?? Just a question and I am wandering if their is an actual answer?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Good Idea Speed no I hadn't thought about that but I will investigate thanks for the help fella's

How am I supposed to aim a flat top rifle without a rear sight?? Just a question and I am wandering if their is an actual answer?
i think he might have meant to go with carry handle sight... or maybe optics.

I did basically what I just showed you but I added the extended m4 feedramp, Magpul CTR stock and instead of ergo I went stock and got a magpul MOE grip.

and I ordered a used Midwest industries rear backup iron sight for 65$ on arf.com EE. which is where I got my EoTech 511 rev.C for 165$.

good luck.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Josh, If you are close enough, just drive over to Del-Ton in Elizabethtown and build it there at the counter or pick it up. Saves the shipping charges as well, but if you are a ways out, the gas price will negate the savings in shipping charges.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea I am up on the north side of Hickory in Lenoir a good 4 hour drive from them, I did want to do that but the gas was on the High side for both my wifes saturn and my Dodge Ram 360 roughly 45 for hers and over a Hundred for mine so it negated the savings but my Aunt lives in Sanford so the next family trip which will be next spring I will be taking the extra Hour and going and seeing them. They have been real awesome to work with. Laura Brown has been very helpful and very knowlegable even though I have agravated the piss out of her.

My rifle will have M4 feed ramps and per Laura will be ready to ship hopefully by the end of next week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts