Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took John Farnam's DTI Advanced Defensive Handgun Course this weekend. WOW, what a course. Very intense and focused. The low light, night training was superb. Only 8 of the 11 of us in the course was able to pass the final test. John is quite the instructor and has a vast wealth of knowledge which he imparts on his students at every possible moment. He has little patience with wimps or whiners. You will need to check your ego at the door and be willing to learn new techniques and methods. This is not a course for beginners. John has a very good beginner course for those just learning handgun techniques. I highly recommend this course form those who wish to take their skills to a higher level. He also has an Urban Rifle course which I will be taking this August.

Link to his website:

Defense Training International, Inc.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
John is a great American. But, I was disappointed in this course when I took it a few yrs ago. I blame the guy who put it on. He did a poor job promoting the course and the scrambled to fill it at the last minute. There were several people who had no business being in the course and they slowed us down to a crawl. We fired less than 400 rounds in two days.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John is a great American. But, I was disappointed in this course when I took it a few yrs ago. I blame the guy who put it on. He did a poor job promoting the course and the scrambled to fill it at the last minute. There were several people who had no business being in the course and they slowed us down to a crawl. We fired less than 400 rounds in two days.
WOW. That's too bad. We had a beginner course going simultaneously so anyone who couldn't keep up or who had no business being in our class could easily be shifted to the other course. Our course director did a good job screening the applications, so everyone was placed correctly. We shot about 1000 rounds in two and a half days. John is a character!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts