Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I was wondering for your input.
Would you use an '89 West German sig p226 as a HD or carry gun? Im not asking because of reliability and size, i ask about having to turn it over as evidence if i ever have to use it.

Would you risk it being taken away and sitting in an evidence bag for months?

I just have heard people not wanting to chance it because of hurting the gun.

thanks

·
Registered
29,750 Posts
If it was reliable, and I shot it well, absolutely.

Heck, I carry a Les Baer 1911 regularly, or a HK P7M13...you could buy two or three P226's for what those run. But I've found them reliable, I shoot them better than any other pistol I own...and if that edge will help me prevail in a fight for my life, it'll be worth it.

Carrying a cheap pistol just doesn't make any sense.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Honestly if you are worried aboutwhat happens to the gun if you have to use it in a self-defense situation, then maybe you shouldn't carry. I would hate to see you hesitate pulling the trigger out of fear of losing the gun.
The gun can be replace; your life cannot.
If this is your only concern, then find a good, reliable, inexpensive gun to carry.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im not really concerned about it. I think i am going through that o man i just got it don't want to hurt it haha.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
very true

·
Registered
31,568 Posts
Hopefully none of us are ever in that situation, but it does happen somewhere everyday. I feel that the odds are on our side of most likely never having to use a gun in a defensive situation. But IF you do, can you trust your life to the weapon you have chosen? That is really all that matters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts