Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my G19 and decided to get a G17 today. Wow, I had no idea the grips were so different. The 19 feels perfect, the 17 felt like a freaking brick in my hand! I didn't like it at all.

So being a bit pissed because I just ordered two G17 mags(offed them on GT), I began to look at the M&P(again). The difference was night and day. The grip (as usual) felt like it was molded for my hand, and it holds the same capacity as the 17. The ergonomics are superb on the M&P. I'm back home. :cool:

50K M&P DURABILITY TEST

Current standings:

41,659 rounds

2 stoppages (ammo)

0 malfunctions (awesome!)

1 parts breakage (trigger spring; broke around the 40k mark)

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Several weeks ago I shot my son's recent-production G22, and as bad as I hated the 'Glock Grip' for years- I have to admit the addition of the finger-ridge-thingys was a positive improvement. His gun has the 5 lb trigger setup and I was just nailing stuff to 25 yards with it, using the one-hand bullseye stance.

I got issued another G22 last week, although this one has the 'New Yawk' trigger, which pegs my 8 lb RCBS Pull Scale before it trips. Still, it breaks clean and I wasn't having any trouble hitting out to 50 yards, once I got used to it.

I need to get ahold of an MP & try one of those...kinda doubt I'll buy another though, when I've got a 'free' Grock to wear out.

·
Banned
8,565 Posts
backto MP as in you sold the MP to get the 17, or you mean in your mind your back to the MP as it is the default leader ?

at any rate, how do I get in on one of the handgun of the month club, sounds neat.;)

both cool guns, gotta go with what fits ya best, it really doesnt matter how nice it shoots, how nice the trigger, how nice anything is if it feels awkward.

Seems to me the new poly sig is on the right path, this is what the big gun manufacturers need to do, is have a standard grip that study groups say half the people find perfect right out of the box, then have about 5 snap on grips larger or varying shapes and thickness, and a few smaller maybe not 5 since the less than standards would be maybe compromising the strength of poly grip.

Seems obvious they should do it this way. The R&D into a gun versus a modular grip system seems obvious, maybe i am just much of a marketing nerd.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts