Glock 20 or Keltec Su-16

• Glock 20

• Keltec Su-16

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My next weapons purchase will be between a Glock 20 or Keltec Su-16.
Help me decide.Chime in with your opinions.

·
Registered
539 Posts
tell us what you own as far as firearms. I like the su16 and was actually at the store yesterday takin a look at one... so i'd probably lean that way... but i always try to diversify my collection if possible.

·
Registered
539 Posts
ok then buy the su-16, then take me out shooting. lol... i've been wanting to try that sucker out. if u get it, be sure to let us know how it shoots.

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
Sorry I forgot there are a few states that won't let responsible citizens be responsible citizens.

My bad.

Bryan

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bryan.tonya said:
Sorry I forgot there are a few states that won't let responsible citizens be responsible citizens.
My bad.

Bryan
Believe me if I could I would buy another ar or ak before
I bought either of the above mentioned weapons.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Dwweeb, if Eric_Oh gets to go with you and shoot your new kel tec, I get to also. I saw one at the gun show in Costa Mesa and it was pretty cool looking. I suppose you're in N. Cal right.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
retired said:
Dwweeb, if Eric_Oh gets to go with you and shoot your new kel tec, I get to also. I saw one at the gun show in Costa Mesa and it was pretty cool looking. I suppose you're in N. Cal right.
They are in all the stores here $550 for SU-16Ca models.
My uncle is buying one.He`s going to let me test it.
Yeah I`m in Norcal.If you are ever up this way your
more than welcome to drop by and go to the range.
Any excuse to go shooting is good for me.
Edited to add Eric_oh also welcome too.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Dwweeb_5150 said:
bryan.tonya said:
AR-15 8) 8) 8)
No real ar`s allowed in ©aliban.Unless you owned
it before Jan 1 2000
Bushmaster is now offering a top-loading AR with a 10-round magazine that's part of the receiver. I imagine you'd use stripper clips with it. It's specifcally designed for the CA ban. Check out the home page of www.ar15.com for a picture.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
NiK said:
Dwweeb_5150 said:
bryan.tonya said:
AR-15 8) 8) 8)
No real ar`s allowed in ©aliban.Unless you owned
it before Jan 1 2000
Bushmaster is now offering a top-loading AR with a 10-round magazine that's part of the receiver. I imagine you'd use stripper clips with it. It's specifcally designed for the CA ban. Check out the home page of www.ar15.com for a picture.
What good is an AR without the ability to use detachable mags?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
After seeing them fail alot in class, SU16 is absolutely to be avoided.
Go Mini14 in CA. There are AR variants that are under-the-radar OK, but have been de-ar-ized, and, therefore, not true to their own nature (no muzzle break/flash hider, barrel shroud, fixed mag, etc.).

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
^^^ Darn browser logged me off. I didn't know you could post if you weren't logged in.

Just in case the mods delete the guest remark.

Somewhere on AR15.com someone posted a real torture test of a SU-16 and it seemed to come out with flying colors. If there's a team member from ARFCOM around here maybe they can search it out and post the link.

There was a video where somebody put a few mags through the SU-16 until it was hot and PURPOSELY dumped it in a frozen stream, shook out the water and fired a few more mags all without a failure. It was kinda sad seeing someone purposely abuse their gun like that but it was entertaining.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I got to shoot the Su16.The model tested had serious issues
for the first 100 or so rds.The sights on these things just plain sux azz.
After 20rd I gave up on the sights.The first 40 rds had to be manually
cycled.I put some oil in the receiver too.A local LEO was there testing
another Su16.His Su16 did not have as many issues.He let us try a
new style 30rd mag in my uncles Su16. It helped some but there where
still many,many FTF.I would not trust my life to an Su-16.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts