Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, my wife and I have been on a debt payoff deal and i sold all of my fun guns except for my Kimber CDP Pro II and Sig 238 and I am about ready to make a new purchase (its been itching for a while)...I cannot decide whether to buy a new pistol mostly for plinking, either an XD9 or Sig 226....OR to get an AR15.

I need some help...I will probably get both in the next year but Im just not sure what to get first.

Opinions?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ar-15 can be had for a song right now so that may be the way to go. It also adds some versatility to your collection.

Of the two pistols I would go with the XD9. I prefer the trigger configuration to the da/sa of the Sig. Granted the P226 is a fine weapon.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
The Navy SEALs and British SAS carry the P226. That ought to tell you something.

That said, yes, ARs are getting cheaper and that might be a wise purchase, seeing the current economical and political climate. I am about to take that leap, myself.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Gotta be the AR if you don't have any other long guns IMHO!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
You have a few pistols, adding an AR to the mix will add some spice. Like said above, they are dirt cheap now, esp. For DI gas systems. Ammo prices are down lowest in years.

Go with some fun, and some insurance in case D'ohBama does something with the evil black rifle.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Man, for a master key you need a shotgun under the AR. Slap you a judge under there, you'd be unstoppable! Just think, .410 breaching rounds!
/sarc

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Congrates on the debt payoff! That can be a real pain - I got into trouble when I was young and had some problems. It definitely puts a crunch on the gun collecting. I like to listen to Dave Ramsey, he is pretty helpful and entertaining too.

After paying off your debt definitely pick up the AR15!

·
Registered
43 Posts
AR's and AK's will likely be on the soon to be banned guns list for some time, get one or both while you can.

Congrats on getting your debt paid off.

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
AR's and AK's will likely be on the soon to be banned guns list for some time, get one or both while you can.

Congrats on getting your debt paid off.

Only if we let them... they pulled the **** off in 94 because nobody thought they could do it. we know better now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts