Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay.. need some advice here on what to do...
should i order the 3 rail gas block assembly here:
Bushmaster Modular Accessories System
(its the first thing listed)
and pick up a MI front sight later on...
the gas block is $56.50 plus the MI sight is like $90
or

go with the B.M.A.S. Front Flip Sight for V Match Rifles and Carbines

the BMAS flip up sight is $106, and bolts right on, then pick up an MI rear sight later (or would i have to buy a bushmaster rear sight to work in conjunction with the front sight?)

any advice would be appreciated as usual.

cheers

·
Registered
150 Posts
I picked up a LNIB Yankee Hill Flip front sight off of ArfCom for like $75 shipped. Look around on the boards and you'll find some deals. Got the ARMS 40 (rear buis) for a great deal too.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the problem is i dont have a railed fore end like yours, mines the black plastic.
thats why i'm curious about which route to take.

cheers

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'm not positive on this, but you need to make sure you get a front sight made specifically to mount on the railed gas block. So make sure of that.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not positive on this, but you need to make sure you get a front sight made specifically to mount on the railed gas block. So make sure of that.
I recall seeing on MI's site that they offer both models, ones that mount to a gas block rail, or the fore end if railed.

i'm just a bit confused as to which direction i want to go.. was looking for some guidance.

cheers

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I'm getting the MI front flip as I have the railed gas block as well. Its just the easiest way for me.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm getting the MI front flip as I have the railed gas block as well. Its just the easiest way for me.
i like the look of the MI, and i'm considering getting the rail that covers my gas block from Bushmaster, and picking up the MI.

it wont be for a couple weeks though, i'm in search of a decent priced (read not $200) non-red dot scope lol.

but i like to plan out my purchases, right now i'm leaning towards the MI front and rear, and the gas block rail way of going.. its either that or drop monster dollars on a fore end quad rail system... which easily will cost me loads more money just to mount a sight hehe.

cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts