Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK all, help a guy out....A local sporting goods store has a new ad taking affect on Friday. In said ad they have a XDM in .40 for 649.99 and the XD45 for 549.99, and in comparison, same store, same ad has a Taurus 1911 for 574.99 in stainless....Thoughts, opinions, & wisdom are all welcome...Thanks!!!:shock::shock:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, that's one vote, anyone else???

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Go get them into your hands an see what feels good. Welcome from Minnesota.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
+1. +10 if it's a XD-45 Compact.

In fairness, since I've never handled that particular 1911, it might be worth finding a range where you can rent and try them out especially since there is quite a difference in .40 and .45 rounds.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Hey rk2girls, you haven't described your situation much - are you the only one shooting the gun? If married, would your wife be shooting it? The reason I ask, the XDM-40 comes with 3 differently sized grips, and you can customize your gun to your grip. The XDM also has safeties the others don't feature. Of course it's important that you like the way the gun feels -- that's one reason I own two XDMs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey rk2girls, you haven't described your situation much - are you the only one shooting the gun? If married, would your wife be shooting it? The reason I ask, the XDM-40 comes with 3 differently sized grips, and you can customize your gun to your grip. The XDM also has safeties the others don't feature. Of course it's important that you like the way the gun feels -- that's one reason I own two XDMs.
It will be primarily for me for ccw and/or HD.....

·
Premium Member
127,778 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Premium Member
4,842 Posts
Do you have any experience with the different rounds. They are quite different shooters. Do you have an opportunity to get them both in your hand. I would personally go 1.XD45C 2.XD45. then XDM40.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have experience with just about everything from .22 up to .44 mag. I have owned a .40 on the baby eagle frame, and that thing shot like a dream...to bad I had to get rid of it......

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum from CT.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts