• Pachmayr

• Decal Grip (Sand)

• Decal Grip (Rubber)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, what is your opinions on the various grips out there for the XD? I've heard a lot of folks in favor of the Decals, a few in favor of the Pach's on here, but not a whole lot about the agrips. Pros/cons? Failures of these grips to work? I've got a set of Pachs for my XD and am trying to stabilize them a bit (want to twist after firing a round) and would like to know what you all think of the other options.

Thanks,
Matthew

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, meant for "natural" to be the none/nude/O'natural/"We don't need no stinkin grips" option. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
I prefer the o'natural flavor for competition and carry. The slickness makes it easier to reposition my grip if I get a bad one the draw, and after reloading.

·
Registered
823 Posts
So far I have been happy with "au-naturel" as compared with my 1911s, and that includes some if the worst weather to shoot IDPA in that Texas could throw at me.

·
Registered
176 Posts
None of the above. 3M makes the syn. rubber stuff Decal Grip sells. It's ca. 69 cents per foot for 1" wide sz. in some Hardware style stores.

Trade name is 3m "Safety Walk" tape. also avail. in different coarsness's and 2 & 4" widths.

·
Registered
293 Posts
You didn't make it possible for guys who had a professional stippling job done by a smithing or coating company to vote.

My XD-9 Tactical has a full grip stippling job by Robar in AZ as does the Subcompact I sold yesterday.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:) Yea, I also forgot to put the agrip in the poll. Plus seems I can't modify the poll once its started, hence why I havn't corrected my errors. :( Oh well. Sorry to all you folks who've got something other than what's listed. :) Post your comments here though if you like :)

Matthew

·
Registered
7 Posts
"I prefer the o'natural flavor for competition and carry. The slickness makes it easier to reposition my grip if I get a bad one the draw, and after reloading"

This is my experience. All sticky grips are difficult to reposition. I don't want that to happen to me in a stressfull situation!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
"...All sticky grips are difficult to reposition."

With or without "grip-tape" many pro Instructors maintain the only opportunity you have to reposition your grip is during the time the hand initially grasps the pistol in the holster.
Again, this would be in a CCW situation and at speed.

·
Registered
141 Posts
None on my Xd subcompact i usually use houge finger groove grips on everything but this is one gun i dont have them on ..Dont even like the grip extension on it

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just put on a pair of the decal sandy grips and I'm going to shoot about 200 rounds through it in a few hours

I'll let you know what I think

·
Registered
467 Posts
TCD said:
I just put on a pair of the decal sandy grips and I'm going to shoot about 200 rounds through it in a few hours

I'll let you know what I think
Looking forward to a report. Those are what I'm looking at.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts