Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Canada, we cannot purchase a handgun with a barrel that is shorter than 4 1/8" (prohibited). This excludes the 4" XD line (in any calibre) except one with a 5" barrel. The XD-M uses a 4.5" barrel (perfectly acceptable in Canada) but is a .40 S&W. Canadians are clamoring for a .45 ACP with the features of an XD-M: match grade barrel, better ergonomics and safety than a comparable calibre Glock. Glock makes a fine pistol and it has a history, but I think the XD-M series will take a lot of market share away from Glock if it gets a chance. Springfield will open up the entire Canadian market with a 4.5" barreled .45ACP.

WE ARE WAITING SPRINGFIELD.

Your Canadian Brothers.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
You are not alone. Many of us are waiting impatiently for the 45 cal XDm.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!! I'm in Northern Wisconsin, on the South Shore of Lake Superior....not too far from the border....I don't know if it is coincidence or not, but all of your Countrymen I have ever known have been cool people.
I know alot of people here "down south" are looking forward to XDM .45 as well. :cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome! I sent SA an email on Sunday. I plan to buy 2 XDM .45s once they are out. I guess it is impossible to get on a non-existent wait list! Like most of you, I have done my research and in my conclusion and opinion, the XD-M may be the best handguns in the world.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good afternoon!

I apologize for the delay in responding.
I am certain that the XD(M) line will grow into other calibers in the future; however, I do not have specifics at this time.
We offer the XD(m) in the .40 S&W caliber and now the 9mm.
Black Finish - $679
Bi-Tone Finish - $749
We would recommend that you check our website from time to time for any updates.
[NAME WITHHELD]

·
Registered
75 Posts
I heard talk around my range that a .45 XDM is next on the list. I don't know if it is true or "Ramge Rumor". I'd love that. I have 1 .45 Springfiels 1911 that I love.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My concern, as I am sure many of you share, is that we non-LEOs will never own a 15 or 16+ 1 round SA XDM 45 because Obama and his anti-gun colleagues will ban mags with capacities more than 8 rounds.

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
Let's just hope it's sooner than later!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
My concern, as I am sure many of you share, is that we non-LEOs will never own a 15 or 16+ 1 round SA XDM 45 because Obama and his anti-gun colleagues will ban mags with capacities more than 8 rounds.
Glad I got my 19+1 while I could then eh?! Be awfully tough for them to take them back now...lol:mrgreen:

·
Registered
89 Posts
that's why I bought my XDm before he was inaugurated on the 20th. I want SA to come out with an XDmsc. Preferrably in .45 but would be open to carrying a 9mm or another .40...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Where is your PROOF of any of this? The only thing these fearmongering false comments have done is jack up the price of guns and ammo for others just like yourself. Obama has explicitly said he's not even going after assault weapons(angering his "anti-gun colleagues"), so why do you think there will be a ban on mags over 8 rounds?

Obama Won’t Reinstate Assault Weapons Ban | Politicususa.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
Where is your PROOF of any of this? The only thing these fearmongering false comments have done is jack up the price of guns and ammo for others just like yourself. Obama has explicitly said he's not even going after assault weapons(angering his "anti-gun colleagues"), so why do you think there will be a ban on mags over 8 rounds?

Obama Won’t Reinstate Assault Weapons Ban | Politicususa.com

Agreed!!! I am not a fan of his but, he has done nothing and can do nothing with out the support of congress who have already successfully put in the CC in federal parks law. Congress me be under the control of the dems, but I think there are far more conservative dems in office than we realize.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts