Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ordered a Dawson front sight from pistolgear.com, and I was a bit confounded by the description- is the .100" the sight width, or the FO width? What is the width of the stock sight on the XD, for comparison? I'm aware that the sight is the same height.

Edit* Newsflash, genius, the .1" would be the fiber optic width. At any rate, what's the width of the entire sight vs. a stock XD sight?

·
Registered
463 Posts
I'm afraid I'm not sure the answer to your question, but make sure when you ordered that you got the right sight as far as height goes. There are two heights which depends on if you use the fixed rear or the adjustable rear.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I ordered just the front sight, the one designed for the stock sight height on the XD. Pistolgear sells two different Dawson products- its front sight for the xXD, and the adjustable front/rear set.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Dawson .10 site if it is the red or green optic was smaller than my factory site and will help in accuracy once you get used to it. Good choice

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I wanted a smaller sight because frankly I find the front sight on the XD to be massive in width, and I felt that it slowed down my reacquisition because I had trouble actually finding the target between the rear sights. My only complaint about the gun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts