Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting. Wonder who is going to snatch him up. Many think it will be either S&W or Springfield because they both produce competition worthy tupperware and 1911's. Personally I would like to see him at Springfield keeping Rob company!:D

Dave Sevigny | Facebook

He shot at a match the day before this announcement and according to someone who claims to have been scoring Sevigny had 3 malfunctions in 1 string. I doubt that was the reason but you have to wonder if that was the proverbial straw?

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Maybe he saw the light and realized that there are other great guns to shoot with? lol

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Didn't Jesse Abatte leave Glock as well? I think she went with S&W. I heard 15 yr old Tori Nonaka joined the team though...
^^^^tori is a great shooter, geez I would have dreamed to be at least on a sponsored shooting team at 15. Girls got great potential and maybe could help bring more younger shooters to the sport. If I ever get married and have a daughter I hope she will be as good as her!!!!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
^^^^tori is a great shooter, geez I would have dreamed to be at least on a sponsored shooting team at 15. Girls got great potential and maybe could help bring more younger shooters to the sport. If I ever get married and have a daughter I hope she will be as good as her!!!!
Me too....I hope to get my daughter into shooting HG when she 10...

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
L2S; what do you know that you're not telling?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
What does Dhunley know? I only know what I know, and I wouldn't be wagering that he is heading immediately to the same/similar gig he left with another company. Glock didn't pay him just to go train all day, he had a desk job also.
I didn't mean I would literally bet on it. He could go anywhere for all we know... Hell, who would of thought Phil Strader would go to Remington? Like mixednuts said...

Many think it will be either S&W or Springfield because they both produce competition worthy tupperware and 1911's.
Makes sense...

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
See, the thing is most "pro shooters" don't do shooting as their main job with a company. They do other things for the company. As far as I know, the why he left isn't public.

I know some folks think being a big time sponsored shooter is a dream life, but the reality is it is a bunch of hard work also. Glock was his sponsor but he also worked there.

There are a lot of upsides to not being sponsored, and I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't stay away from a big company sponsorship/employment for a bit.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I didn't mean I would literally bet on it. He could go anywhere for all we know... Hell, who would of thought Phil Strader would go to Remington? Like mixednuts said...

Makes sense...
Strader went to work for Remington. Remington at this time is not his primary sponsor. He is self sponsored through his own training company StraighterSolutions. I heard him commit that being sponsored wasn’t at all what it appears to be. You do not have a choice in what equipment you use, it’s what the sponsor wants you to use. He never straight out said anything bad about S&W but it was easy enough to read between the lines and see that he wants to shoot other guns.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I saw yesterday the Glock Team has basically been disbanded due to Billy Abatte facing child rape charges. As I understand it Billy Abatte was one of he shooting coaches for Team Glock, however I have no way to confirm that. Also read the Jessie is single again and going back to using her maiden name.

IMO anyone on the Glock Team left in order to get as far away from Billy Abatte and his upcoming trial as possible. BTW, the girl he was raping (unnamed) was a 15 year old shooting team member and one of the shooters he was coaching. Since Age of Consent in GA is 16 it's rape even if it was a consentual affair.

Personally, I think that he's probably a real nasty piece of work, even if she had been 16 and allowed to consent only a real tool fools around with someone that young, especially when married to a total babe like Jessie.

Following is a link to the one news story I've seen on this and it's notable that there is no mention of Glock in the entire story.

Coach charged with molesting 15-year-old team member *| ajc.com

PS; Jessie is now reported to be a free agent and rumored to be talking to Springfield Armory, Sig Sauer, and Smith & Wesson. As it happens I enjoy shooting all 3 brands, so don't really care who wins her.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts