Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my teenage daughter to the range for her first time today. She did great. We rented a Walther P22 and she handled that well. Then she shot my XDm9 and did just fine.

I also had the laser mounted for the first time at the range. It needs a little windage adjustment as it points a little to the right.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Wow, to go from a 22 to a 9mm, first outing, that is Great. Congrats, hope more trips are in your two's future.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Now thats what I call quality Daddy/Daughter time!

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was a good time. She did a good job. Now I have to take the other daughter to the range.

The Walther had a few issues. A couple of FTF/FTB and about 3 times, there was trigger pull and just a click. Racked the slide and nothing was ejected even though there were still rounds in the magazine. So basically, the action cycled but didn't chamber a round!

Now the XDm had no issues, of course!

She said she prefers a rifle, I'm going to have to check out a .22LR "AR".

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was a good time. She did a good job. Now I have to take the other daughter to the range.

The Walther had a few issues. A couple of FTF/FTB and about 3 times, there was trigger pull and just a click. Racked the slide and nothing was ejected even though there were still rounds in the magazine. So basically, the action cycled but didn't chamber a round!

Now the XDm had no issues, of course!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I recently took my wife and her teenage daughter to the range, my local gun club, and we shot various handguns at defensive distances in one of the action pits. Ruger LCP, XD9SC, HiPoint 40SW and XD45 compact.

Funny thing was the Ruger really was the hardest to shoot because of the epically long trigger pull. And the hefty HP the easiest even though it shot the hottest load of the bunch.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Very cool, bigmoguls. Make the range trip a family outing. :D

At least 22 ammo is relatively cheap.

·
Premium Member
127,178 Posts
You're a good dad!

·
Premium Member
21,397 Posts
thats great taking her out! hopefully she grows up liking firarms and then she would be voting to help the idiot gun grabbers thanks again!

·
Registered
7,507 Posts

Chiappa makes one the Mfour-22. It's found for about $375. Nice thing is that the lower is a standard .223 so you can just slap a .223 upper on it and have it be a more powerful weapon quickly and easily. Many of the other AR "style" rifles are actually dedicated .22lr platforms that can't shoot .223.

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll have to remember Chiappa, thanks.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
As a father of four (3 daughters & 1 son) I can't tell you how much fun it is to spend some quality time at the range with your daughter and to wach her having fun. After my youngest went to the range for the 1st time she got hooked. On her 21st birthday she went out and bought her first pistol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts