Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently looking to purchase an XD .45 ACP Compact ...

I prefer the black but I'm seeing some great prices out there for the Dark Earth variety ...

Is there any differences b/n the 2 handguns other than the color ...

I'm assuming this is just not a very popular color combo thus the lower price in efforts to move inventory ...

Thoughts ...

·
Registered
411 Posts
Yeah there is no difference between the two guns besides color, I assume that the color is the reason why they are still around seeing it's not the best color combo. If you can pick it up for a descent price i would jump on it, who care's about the color it's a gun it does the same thing if it was all black.

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
I could never understand the aesthetics of having a doo-doo brown frame with a black slide. In my opinion, either the whole pistol should be doo-doo brown or just plain black.

·
Registered
857 Posts
If it is a good price it is still an XD so it is a great gun. Go for it. How much cheaper are they running then say your regular 45?

·
Registered
184 Posts
It still goes bang whether it's "doo-doo brown" or all black doesn't it? If you don't mind the color and its a good deal then I'd jump all over it.

Not the most appealing color, but when SHTF who really cares.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I could never understand the aesthetics of having a doo-doo brown frame with a black slide. In my opinion, either the whole pistol should be doo-doo brown or just plain black.
:lol: I just bought a doo-doo brown one with a stainless slide. I bought doo-doo brown because my truck in doo-doo brown. :p

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
I'm a Marine Grunt and everything we have is either green MARPAT, desert MARPAT or coyote (doo-doo) brown. The common point here is that all three are doo-doo brown and I've come to like that color. I really don't see much difference between coyote and dark-earth. I love my doo-doo and black XD45c to death and it's all I carry. Just my .02.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
let me hear you say doo doo brown

i wanna rock doo doo brown ;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
My doo doo bitone has grown on me too. I've taken a few handgun courses with it, and never have trouble picking the right gun up off of the bench....

·
Registered
185 Posts
It would be a very hard choice on which color to choose if they were all laying on the counter in front of you. Every gun dealer I went into is either out of them and cant get them or is getting one here and one there with no color choice.

I agree with the comment that if it goes bang and it is a XD, Who cares what color it is.

I was going to get a OD one as that was what the dealer told me had coming. When it come in it was the Dark earth. After I looked at it I am glad that it was the poo poo brown one.:D:D

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just got an XD 45 in the Dark Earth last Thursday. When I called and asked if they had any XD 45's I was told they had one in OD green. When I get there I found out it was Dark Earth......but it (catch this) came with 4 13 round mags and a Springfield XML light all for $529 +tax. This is a NIB pistol. I don't think I came out to bad.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just got an XD 45 in the Dark Earth last Thursday. ..... it (catch this) came with 4 13 round mags and a Springfield XML light all for $529 +tax. This is a NIB pistol. I don't think I came out to bad.

I hate you now!:p

Talk about a pretty awesome deal!

Felt like showing some of my own Dark Earth love!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't think it was suppose to come with the light but it was in the pistol case and when I asked if it came with the gun, the salesman acted kinda befuddled so I jumped on it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
For some reason the picture on Springfield's site that is suppose to look like OD looks like my Dark Earth. Go figure

At first I had my heart set on OD and now very happy I ended up with DE.

I will add that I would not turn any XD down.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
I just got an XD 45 in the Dark Earth last Thursday. When I called and asked if they had any XD 45's I was told they had one in OD green. When I get there I found out it was Dark Earth......but it (catch this) came with 4 13 round mags and a Springfield XML light all for $529 +tax. This is a NIB pistol. I don't think I came out to bad.
Same thing happened to me! Sort of... I asked to see an XD 45 and was first shown a service model in Dark Earth. It had Trijicon's factory installed and was $529. I wanted a black one, so I looked around a bit, and he had two for $560ish and factory sights. I jumped on the Trijicon's! Now that I have it, I like the color. Still might paint it grey though.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I own a .45 service in FDE and the only reason I got it was because my dad had the black model and we usually shoot together. I wanted the bitone, but when I ordered mine the shop I had do the ordering said he could not get the bitone at that time.......so between the FDE and black I picked the FDE (thinking about having the slide hard chromed or cerakoted)

·
Registered
203 Posts
My name is Larry and I'm addicted to doo doo brown pistols:D My XD.45 Tac, XD.45c and H&K.45 Tac are doo doo brown. I even installed doo doo Ergo grips on my 1911. I also think doo doo brown women are hot:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
21,154 Posts
id like to find one local to buy i have the all black and would like a de colored

1 - 20 of 39 Posts