·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a better selection in the same price range? Thanks

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
Others out there may be of similar quality,.... but for the same price, DD is probably as good as any other there. They are considered one of the top tier of AR's out there.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
The usual list of suggested brands in the DD price range are: BCM, SOLGW, Geissele, LWRC... all give or take a few hundred dollars. There are probably a few others I'm forgetting at the moment.

I have an M4V11, the Keymod older brother of the V7 and it is my favorite rifle. Out of the box it's a great shooter, and once given a Radian Raptor charging handle and a Geissele trigger, it really wakes up. It has had zero issues, has excellent fitment, and is lightweight. I feel confident that if there ever were issues, DD's customer service goes above and beyond to make it right. For the most part, that statement will be true for many of the other brands at this tier.

I think at this price point, there really aren't any drawbacks or cons in the list; only minor things you might want that one model has that maybe another model doesn't, i.e. the V7 comes in the color you want, or the LWRC is a piston gun, or the BCM has the rail you like and ambi controls, etc. So really, it'll just come down to details and the availability of what you decide to get. But I think you'd be pretty pleased with a V7.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welp, just returned from the fun store. . All didn't go according to plan. .Went for the DDM4 V7, Ended up with the LWRC 556. now for the break in, I'll report back at a latter time. .

Reactions: windsearcher

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I don't think that's a bad choice at all. Especially if you end up suppressing it (and it's their piston gun, not their DI gun), you'll be better off in the long run. I looked really hard at LWRC before I saw a V11 in Tornado gray and knew that was the one for me.

Congrats on the new rifle and good luck!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't remember being able to shoot 556 / 223 in the same rifle .. Guess i'm behind the times .. The more I research the LWRC The more impressive stats get. . I also have to admit I like Hickok45 I reference him a lot for caliber & model selection. .

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also added an SLX (Green DOT) ACSS Cyclops from Primary Arms. . fits the bill perfectly for my budget. . Enough about me. . any range experience with a similar rig?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry I posted this . .It's an XD site please delete

1 - 9 of 9 Posts