Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Big fan here, just couldn't afford one. By all reports they were superbly accurate and Smith & Wesson seems to have learned that Dan was correct as to why because they are now offering a similar barrel mounting only it's not a user interchangeable setup. Wish I could have afforded one, I bet that they will become very hot collectables someday if they are not now at this time.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Very big fan here...

I have a 6" .357 and an 8" full-rib .44 mag. Both are phenomenally accurate, and I love em to death. Hope to add a new DW 1911 to my collection at some point in the near future :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I purchased the DW 15-2VH6" .357 in 1988 from a LEF who had a FFL and sold low to make a few extra $$ for himself. Would liked to had the complete pistol pak that was available then. But,could only afford the $183.00 I paid. My son and daughter were young then, and I reloaded light rounds for them. Even store bought rds were fun to shoot. I don't recall .44mag being in their inventory then....but I'm getting older now. hah

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, I bought it in 1978....guess my memory is getting worse..duh. I was just getting interested in metallic silouhette( can't spell it) shooting that was becoming popular in the Phoenix area, in 1980-82. when I was transferred with my job. I recently purchased a 4" bbl from a gun shop. This was the only time after I left AZ, that I saw any Dan Wesson firearm/parts. I often wondered how popular they were, before they went out of business the first time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Accuracy was outstanding, and it has been a fun gun to shoot, and so simple to take apart to clean. I moved on to .45ACP, so my DW sat idle sinde 1999. I always used loctite on the screws after cleaning. BUT I discovered, after shooting the DW around Thanksgiving, that Loctite becomes like a weld to the screws. The screws have a allen head. I rounded off the hex inside....anyway, IMHO, never leave Loctite in place that long. It is now at a gunsmith to be repaired...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts