Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It been a while since I regularly posted here so I thought I'd copy my fellow NorthWest competitors, VR4 and Robot, and start a match video thread of my own. :D

I shoot mostly IDPA but have shot a couple USPSA matches. I'm not as good as VR4 and Robot but I'm working on that. :lol:

8/6/11 IDPA match at Norpoint Range in Arlington, Washington.

8/13/11 IDPA match at The Firearms Academy of Seattle in Onalaska, Washington.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
1st stage; 2nd video-was the SO Steve from the Power Factor Show?

Nice being able to shoot indoors and outdoors. It's been so hot here most matches have shut down outdoors but that just drives us indoors.

Keep posting vids; always good to see others shooting at matches.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1st stage; 2nd video-was the SO Steve from the Power Factor Show?

Nice being able to shoot indoors and outdoors. It's been so hot here most matches have shut down outdoors but that just drives us indoors.

Keep posting vids; always good to see others shooting at matches.
Good eye!

You are half right... :D

Its Rick, not Steve, from the Power Factor Show. :D Rick, Steve and Caleb from the Show are all local guys around here.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
I'm used to being half right-should learn to edit my posts.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are a couple of pics and a short video from the IDPA match 8/23/11 at West Coast Armory in Bellevue, Washington.

They only ran two stages, the second one with the lights off so I only have video from the first stage with the lights on.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is my video from the IDPA match at Paul Bunyan in Puyallup, Washington from last Sunday the 28th. It was 6 stages of fun!!!

:D

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A short video from tonights IDPA match at West Coast Armory in Bellevue, Washington.

Only two stages run, one with the lights on, one with the lights off. Can't see much on video with the lights off but its fun shooting in the dark!!! :cool:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is my video from tonights match at Norpoint Range in Arlington, Washington.

Everyone has to have a bad match sometime... Well tonight was my turn!! :cry:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is my video from the weekly match at West Coast Armory in Bellevue, Washington 9/6/11.

They ran two stages tonight both with the lights on. I forgot to engage one target on the first stage. Cost me 10 seconds on my time, enough to put me from 2nd overall to 9th overall...

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Here is my video from the Firearms Academy of Seattle IDPA Tactical Championships September 10 2011. 10 Stages!!​

There were two stages, 5 and 10 that were shot in the dark. Stage 5 was done with a flashlight, stage 10 was done with just enough light to see the targets. Stage 5 we could not video during the match, there was not enough light but after the match we did video with the lights on so you can see what happened during the stage. Stage 10 we did one video clip during the match in the dark, you can barely make out what is happening. After the match we did more clips with the lights on so you can see whats happening.​

From Marty Hayes, Director of the Firearms Academy of Seattle.​

"After 24 years being a professional instructor, I have identified 9 specific skills that I believe any practitioner of the martial art of gunfighting should master. These are, (not in any order, but all of equal importance):​

Accuracy
Speed (including draw stroke speed).
Multiple Targets
Shooting on the Move (specifically getting out of the hole)
One handed skills
Reloading skills
Low light speed
Low light accuracy
Low light multiple targets.​

So, with this in mind, we are going to hold this match testing all these skills. Stages will be revolver neutral, all stringts of fire (except for reloading skill stages) will be 6 rounds or less, but may will be multiple strings, so bring about 100 rounds."​

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here is my video from tonights match at West Coast Armory. They ran 3 stages tonight, stage 2 in low light.​

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is a quick video from the match tonight at West Coast Armory in Bellevue, Washington. Two stages, one with the lights on and one with the lights off.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here is my video from the match at Paul Bunyan in Puyallup, Washington 9/24/11. It was a Classifier Match with one extra side stage.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here is my video from the match yesterday at the Jefferson County Sportsmen's Association in Port Townsend, Washington. My first time shooting there. 5 Fun stages!

I won 4 out of the 5 stages and took 2nd overall in the match. 1st place beat me by .52 seconds!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here is my video from tonights match at West Coast Armory in Bellevue, Washington. Two stages run tonight.

·
Registered
224 Posts
cool vidoes man, were looking to start some defensive pistol shoots around my house. We got a couple of instructors (NRA etc) and we are all proir military vets so it should be fun. as long as we can keep most of them away from the bud light! haha jking keep the vids coming man!

1 - 20 of 88 Posts