Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my XD9SC slide back from the gunsmith on thursday with my new ameriglo sights installed. Finally got to the range today, put about 40-50 rounds through it and loved the new sights! Put the next target up, reload all mags, fire 5 shots grouped perfectly off center by about 8". Hmmm so I readjust my grip. A few more rounds in the exact same spot. Take a look at the slide and the front sight is about to fall off. Well that explains that!

So I field stripped, and had to turn it back over for them to send it back to the smith for me. Of course I didnt bring the 40 service with me since I just wanted to check out the new sights and have some fun with the 9. There goes my day at the range. :cry:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup! They said they would put a rush on it so hopefully I wont be without it for too long. Its times like this when I'm glad I have 2 XDs!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
yup! They said they would put a rush on it so hopefully I wont be without it for too long. Its times like this when I'm glad I have 2 XDs!
That is a real testament to quality control...should have never left the shop like that in the first place, but at least they are making it right for you!! What a PITA!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is a real testament to quality control...should have never left the shop like that in the first place, but at least they are making it right for you!! What a PITA!!

Thats for sure! Lets see how fast the turn around is. It was 4 business days (which I thought was pretty good) the first time so I'm hoping it gets fixed even quicker than that.

·
Registered
271 Posts
J/W which Gunsmith did you send your slide to?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
J/W which Gunsmith did you send your slide to?

To be honest Im not sure who he is. The range that I go to (Nick's Guns & Range) have a guy that does them. He installed the XS Big Dots on my 40 service a while ago and did a great job.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Why did you go with the Ameriglo sights? I ask because I'm interested in replacing the sights on my XD. The sights I"m considering are the XS big dots, Heinie straight eights, or possibly some Dawson sights - haven't decided yet. Your perspective on the Ameriglo vs. the XS would be nice, since you've tried both of them.

Thanks - and hope you get a quick turnaround!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why did you go with the Ameriglo sights? I ask because I'm interested in replacing the sights on my XD. The sights I"m considering are the XS big dots, Heinie straight eights, or possibly some Dawson sights - haven't decided yet. Your perspective on the Ameriglo vs. the XS would be nice, since you've tried both of them.

Thanks - and hope you get a quick turnaround!
Honestly it was mainly the price, but now that I have used them...for one thing I really like the yellow/green combo on the ameriglos. They are pretty low profile and compact which I like and I seemed to be pretty accurate with them.

I've had the XS big dots for a few months now and really like them on the 40. Really fast sighting and they are BRIGHT! They are pricy though. I think like 110 dollars plus shipping and installation.

Hope that helps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts