Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a short sleeve,extended trunk button up shirt to conceal an OWB and IWB holster.

I want somthing that is not super tactical or dressy.

Magnum Tactical Shirts - Clearance

Above is a link to they style I want. I dont really care for the pockets on this. And I wish I knew what the back looks like.

I hate hawaian shirts!! LOL

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice....I like it better.

I think the perfect shirt for me would be a BDU type shirt without the bottom pockets in a solid color with an extended trunk....

·
Registered
148 Posts
I like the Cabelas button up canvas shirts. They don't scream "I'm carrying a pistol." I use IWB so I'm not sure how it would work out for you using OWB. They do offer the shirts in tall sizes though. Cabela's Short-Sleeve Stonewash Canvas Shirt - Regular
They also have a long sleeve non insulated version and a flannel lined long sleeved version.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I wear a thick khaki nylon L/S Guide Series button-up 'sun shirt' from (ugh) Gander mountain, cool enough with vented back here in the humid clime and doesn't look too outta place in a city with lots of fishing and boaters... I wear a denim L/S button-up at other times when an IWB + t-shirt alone won't cut it.

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Short sleeved sport shirts with long tails, in cotton, wide variety of colors and prints for under $10 at Steve & Barry's (if the one near you has not already closed up) They don't look like a uniform or "gun conceal" shirt at all.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Carhartt button-up work shirts are cut longer in length so they won't come untucked when working, but it also works perfectly as an overshirt when untucked.

·
Registered
908 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
I just bought some large plaid-patterned Oxford style shirts last weekend. The pattern helps break up the bulge of my gun in its OWB paddle holster, and they're long enough that I can let them hang out and keep the entire gun covered.

The only thing odd is that I've rarely worn my shirts untucked. My friends are either going to figure it out or will think I've become a slob. :)

·
Registered
408 Posts
The only thing odd is that I've rarely worn my shirts untucked. My friends are either going to figure it out or will think I've become a slob. :)
lol. i don't wear collared shirts untucked, it just looks so stupid(on a skinny 23yr old), unless its a form-fitting "polo" type, which wouldnt hide too well anyways. im pretty much screwed for summer carry unless i start wearing baggy shirts like a cholo and look like either an assbag or someone who definitely has a gun in their pants. BTW ive seen guys wearing some of these shirts yall have posted and even before i got into carrying or LE ive always figured they were trying to conceal. good luck!

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Try hitting a Kohl's near you. They're dumping off there warm weather stuff now for CHEAP and you can find some good deals on shirts similar to those above for like $6.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Kohls has a good cheap selection and most other department stores sell nice shirts that are not that standard baggy "I like to fish" or "I wear tactical gear" looks. I love that people always suggest the "Im on vacation" style shirt, but you have to act the part of your lifestyle and not just modify your woredrobe to your gun. If you do it right you can wear tight cotton shirts, just be sure they fit at the shoulder and fall straight from there. Modify the style from there.

I wear the same in style clothes I had before I started carrying. The key for me was gun location and angle. Plus a holster added too much bulk (IWB or otherwise). I have a large enough butt and slightly ovesized waist in my jeans (same Ive always wore) and it fits my gun like a glove, I can even run with little worry. I wear an xd40sc and keep it around 4 oclock just tucked and no one has ever said a word, just have to watch out when reaching for things or getting out of the car so as not to accidentally exspose yourself.

Just go to the stores you like to shop at and bring your gun. Go in the dressing room and play with the fit and see what prints and to what extent you can work with it. Skip the double pocket canvas shot sleeve button up. No offense to those of you that wear those, but I woudl be called out instantly. You have to dress for your personal lifestlye and avoid a drastic or noticable change in appearance.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Without sounding too "mo" go to Eddy Bower. They've got lots of reasonable shirts (no hawaiian or goofy) that work perfectly for concealment.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I've bought a bunch of shirts from here:
ExOfficio - Technical, Outdoor,Travel, Hiking and Adventure Clothing, plus Insect Shield Repellent Apparel. Shirts, pants, shorts, underwear and outerwear for men and women

Casual, comfortable and not too hot in summer time. Patterns provide distraction.

Here's a few I like:

I have a few shirts that aren't on their site any more. They come up with new designs every year.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, my eyes, they are permanently damaged...............:rolleyes:
I'll stick with my solid colors, they hide a plenty...:wink:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts