Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A review of the CZ97B, the double stack .45ACP beast from CZ. Great gun, highly sought after, and very hard to find. This gun is phenomenal, and I think that anyone that is in the market for a .45ACP pistol, should take a look at this gun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brAhQzsgB64

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Nice review as usual, two are available at GB right now, one safety, one decocker.
Can you compare the grip size directly with a USP or Beretta 92?

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Very similar to the EAA Witness I believe. My 45 Witness Match is pretty much a clone of that gun.

I'd love to own a CZ97.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Very similar to the EAA Witness I believe. My 45 Witness Match is pretty much a clone of that gun.

I'd love to own a CZ97.
See above lol
I think it's on my list now until I read some reviews for reliability and such.
cajungunworks

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
I did a little more reading on it, I guess it's an SA/DA like my 75b. The Witness Elite is SA only so I guess it's based on the 97b but not the same.

Either way I'd like to own one.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I'm finding myself enjoying the 45 more and more. The 97 is on my short list now that I have the HK45. We'll see how hard it is to come by come August.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
I'd like to compare a 97 to the Witness I have and see what the differences are. The Witness Elite is one of the best guns I own regardless of price, spectacular trigger and a very accurate gun. I'm curious if the 97 is more like my 75 or more like the Witness. I'm becoming more of a CZ addict each passing day.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
I keep meaning to get a witness Elite Match. But what caliber....hmm....

.38 Super sounds like it'd make for a great range toy.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
I keep meaning to get a witness Elite Match. But what caliber....hmm....

.38 Super sounds like it'd make for a great range toy.
Get one. Mine was 500 bucks and it is such a good gun it's hard to overstate it. I'll put it this way, I realized the other day how little I'm shooting my P220 Match Stainless Elite because I keep taking the Witness Elite to the range instead. The P220 MSE cost me $1200.00 and I got a good deal on it and I am a certified Sigaholic, yet when I'm loading up for the range and deciding what to take more often than not the Sig stays home and the Witness goes. That's how good the Witness Elite is.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
I remember telling you to get it.

The witness is a very under rated CZ copy. They're put together pretty damn good. I still need an SP-01 though. Sooo many guns not enough money.

I think I'll play power ball this week....

I want a 97 too though. I've never seen one in person that I can recall though.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice review as usual, two are available at GB right now, one safety, one decocker.
Can you compare the grip size directly with a USP or Beretta 92?
I wish I had a usp .45, I almost had one for $500, but sadly i failed lol. I can do a grip comparison for you with my micrometer. You want it in inches or mm?

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I wish I had a usp .45, I almost had one for $500, but sadly i failed lol. I can do a grip comparison for you with my micrometer. You want it in inches or mm?
Actually a circumference would be most helpful. XD-45s have near identical grip dimensions to the niner and foaty but the fact that it's a squarer grip ( and therefore greater circumference ) makes it feel larger.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts