Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know how many of you read or have even heard of "Shotgun news" but i picked one up today and they had a cz2000. it was on the same page as an hs95 anda cz88 all stating they are croation firearms. is anyone aware of these pistols? and are they in anyway related to the hs2000/xd thank you in advance.

ryan

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Yeah, I heard of it. I wonder why they call it a CZ, probably want to cash in on the CZ-75's reputation. If it is not Czech, it is not really a CZ in my book.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just got back form the range/ gunshop and talked to a buddy of mine about it.. hes never heard of it.. and i showed him the pic.. he thinks its just a rip like you said to cash in on the "real" cz's name.. thanks for the insight though

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
There is a real CZ-2000 made by CZ. It is an assault rifle/GPMG system similiar to what Stoner tried to set up in the 60s. I doubt that is what you were looking at though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah definetly not an ar!! more like an airsoft pistol..lol.. but then again it was a grainey black and white picture in a "news paper"

·
Registered
61 Posts
I believe, if anything, they are talking about the CZ100. When it was first released, I saw it referred to as the CZ2000, but they changed that pretty early. I do not know where they are made, and have never seen one in person. I do wonder how they stack up to the XD.

http://www.lisc.net/cz.htm#cz100

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
120mm said:
I believe, if anything, they are talking about the CZ100. When it was first released, I saw it referred to as the CZ2000, but they changed that pretty early. I do not know where they are made, and have never seen one in person. I do wonder how they stack up to the XD.

http://www.lisc.net/cz.htm#cz100
The gun you are refering to us made by Ceska Zbrojovka-Uhersky Brod, Czech Republic and sold in the US by CZ-USA, Kansas City, Kansas. It is not the one that started this thread as that was Croatioan gun of some kind. I have never heard of the CZ-100 being called a CZ-2000. The CZ-2000 in the Czech republic was always an assault rifle derivative.

You can get reviews of the CZ-100 on the CZforum (links from the CZ-USA website). From what I hear it has a pretty nasty, creepy DAO trigger.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
manygunner,
ok after going back and reading the super small print it says
"uncovered in czch... a handfull of model cz2000 factory cutaways in new condition, extensivly cut-away on both the back and sides of of gun and highlighted in red.... these havent even been aroundas full guns"... huh?.... oh by the way sorry about the original post i was looking on the "croation" page.. and that one somehow "snuck" in there.. but it does state its a czech...

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
canter6 said:
manygunner,
ok after going back and reading the super small print it says
"uncovered in czch... a handfull of model cz2000 factory cutaways in new condition, extensivly cut-away on both the back and sides of of gun and highlighted in red.... these havent even been aroundas full guns"... huh?.... oh by the way sorry about the original post i was looking on the "croation" page.. and that one somehow "snuck" in there.. but it does state its a czech...
Hmm, I just did a search. It seems Arms Moravia did put something like that out, under CZ G-2000. http://www.mts.net/~jhipwell/cz.htm is the link to a US dealer, Wolverine Supplies. . Maybe that is what they meant. It is definately not a real CZ made by CZ.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah that looks about like it.. sans the grainey newspaper type picture.. ut over all looks like it.. thats pretty steep what wolverine is asking for it.. says here (shotgun news) theyre selling it for 265$

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
OK, glad things are settled. Hope the links helped with info on the gun. The problem is the proper name for the handgun was CZ G-2000, the CZ-2000 is a rifle. Ahh, what can you do?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
many.. what can i say??!!.. :D i can only refer to what the paper says..lol.. but anyhw.. im guessing you enjoy your "real" cz's seeing as you have a few.. how would you compare to the xd?

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Hmmmm. Well, I prefer the SA trigger and accuracy of my CZ-75B to that of the XD-9 service I have, then again is it fair to compare a 5" barrel to a 4"?. Ergonomics on a stock XD and a stock CZ-75 are about equal as far as the grip goes. My CZ-75B has Hogue wrap around grips with finger swells so it feels much better then my XD-9, it sort of snuggles into my hand better. I do prefer the slide release placement and size on the XD as it works better for me and I have real fast reload times with it. The CZ-75 is about as natural pointer as any gun out there and I find the balance much better then the XD, but that is personal preference. Size is definately where the XD service wins. The XD service is more compact for carry then a CZ-75 full size. I am considering getting a CZ-75B Compact in the future, but it is not a likely purchase.

The CZ-97B is a very BIG gun. The grip size has been compared to a Desser Eagle by some. It is extremely accurate but there are issues with the screw in bushing failing after prolonged use. CZ-USA will freely repace the bushing but I think the design and the material needs to be addressed. The ergonomics and trigger otherwise equal those of the CZ-75B and are quite good. I feel less recoil from this gun shooting .45 ACP then I would shooting a 1911 model and the accuracy is much better then a stock 1911.

Hope this is sort of what you wanted to know.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wow.. that about sums it up.. i see why you own soo many.. :) after recently buying my first handgun.. ( raised on rifles) i have aquired the "GAS" and am looking to purchase another firearm. and after the information you have provided me with i may lean towards a CZ. well that Kimber 1911 sure is enticing.. but ohh i dunno.. soo many guns so little money!! :cry: but thank you for your input.. you have been more than helpful!!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Happy to oblige. I, myself, am thinking about a XD-9 tactical in the future.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I ran into this reply when I asked about this gun in another forum, I decided to post it here in case anyone was interested.

Arms Moravia (one of the biggest Czech importers of guns and ammunition) manufactured (or maybe it still does) the CZ G2000 in Brno in one of the facilities owned or formerly owned by Zbrojovka Brno.

They have quite a bad reputation and some gunshops refuse to sell them. There used to be plenty of them on the used guns market.
I've had the opportunity to shoot two of them, neither of which functioned properly. Extraction and ejection were fine, but there were about five misfires per magazine on both pistols. Sometimes you had to pull the trigger three times to fire.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts