Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received this CZ 75 SP01 Custom Shadow from the CZ Custom Shop this week. Has a custom trigger job by Angus Hobdell, along with adjustable rear target sight and fiberoptic front. Put over 500 rounds through it this weekend. Very sweet DA/SA trigger and dead on accurate.

:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
422 Posts
My older brother went with the CZ SP-01 after I got the XDM. I really like it. Yours is purty! How many pounds-pull for the trigger after the work? We replaced the springs in my brothers to lighten her up a bit. Man I want so many different pistols (and rifles) and the CZ's are always right up there on my list...

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My older brother went with the CZ SP-01 after I got the XDM. I really like it. Yours is purty! How many pounds-pull for the trigger after the work? We replaced the springs in my brothers to lighten her up a bit. Man I want so many different pistols (and rifles) and the CZ's are always right up there on my list...
The Custom Shop says the DA is about 4 lbs, the SA about 2 lbs. Haven't actually measured it myself.

:)

·
Premium Member
12,144 Posts
If you don't mind asking, how much did that cost you? I think my next purchase is going to be a PO-1 and it's going to Angus for some trigger love soon after.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you don't mind asking, how much did that cost you? I think my next purchase is going to be a PO-1 and it's going to Angus for some trigger love soon after.
About 1K from the CZ Custom Shop. That's with the trigger job already done and the competition sights.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Very nice. CZ makes one hell of a pistol. I like the slide on the inside of the frame, but I will say the serations to rack the slide are a little smaller (about 1/2 the size of a 1911) and maybe could be a problem if in a hurry or for someone who does not have very good movement or strength in there fingers for whatever reason. Other than that it's one very fine shooter. Straight out of the box it's been 100%

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
... I will say the serations to rack the slide are a little smaller (about 1/2 the size of a 1911) and maybe could be a problem if in a hurry or for someone who does not have very good movement or strength in there fingers for whatever reason.
I own one (tactical not shadow) and the narrower serration area doesn't bother me at all. I cannot imagine it would be and honestly, the aggressive (file like) serration actually grips better than all of my other pistols (including my XDm).

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I own one (tactical not shadow) and the narrower serration area doesn't bother me at all. I cannot imagine it would be and honestly, the aggressive (file like) serration actually grips better than all of my other pistols (including my XDm).
I personally have no problem with it either, but I could see where it could be a problem for some people with arthritic hands, or hands with mud or blood on them. Like I mentioned, I like the slide inside the frame. Just making and non biased observation that might mean something to those who might be seriously thinking about buying a CZ. Me personally I'm very pleased with my CZ. Might be hitting the range with it again tomorrow.:D

·
Registered
829 Posts
I shoot a CZ custom shadow as well. I absolutely love that gun. They didn't have the duo tones when I bought mine. the only thin I did was do full grip tape on the grips. Also watch the FO rod in tje front sight. Mine liked to walk it's way out untill I took a lighter to it. The CZ trigger is a little different to get used to but after the initial DA shot the SA shots are crazy light with a very short reset. It's not uncommon for paper targets to get 3 holes in them. When you go for mor mags I would suggest the Mecgar's. Congrats and great decision. I also have a P01 and whoever wants one I say go for it. If you see one for sale you better pick it up. They are hard to find right now. I had to search for over a month. I believe if a person could only own one handgun the P01 would fit the bill.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts