Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
They are excellent guns! Reliable,accurate & reasonably priced. I have a P06 in .40 & a CZ 24 in 380. My next one will be the P01.

Check out the CZForum for lots of good info!! The P01 is also NATO approved which involves very severe testing!! :D

·
Premium Member
12,144 Posts
CZ is probably the best gun maker in the world that nobody in America knows about. The PO1 will be my next handgun as well.

·
Registered
113 Posts
CZ is probably the best gun maker in the world that nobody in America knows about. The PO1 will be my next handgun as well.
CZ was unknown to me until I started looking for my 1st HG in 20+ years. I never saw one in any of the local shops I wasn't going to buy anything w/o having one in my hands, so I went with the XDM (and happily so!). The PO1 is also on my short list along with the XD9sc.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Great pistol! Can't go wrong. They took a Browning HP, and refined it to greatness!

·
Registered
829 Posts
I <3 my CZ's. The P01 is probably the best all around pistol you could get. IMO. It is crazy accurate and soft shooting. They are getting kinda hard to find but you won't be dissappointed. The trigger is not the greatest out of the box but the pistol over all is great.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was at a range that sells guns and looked at the CZ 75 Phantom, Beretta 9mm, Glock 17 and the M&P 9 S&W. I liked the Beretta for the trigger pull and next the M&P 9 S&W. The trigger on the Beretta was very smooth.

·
Registered
110 Posts
All the PO1s are compacts and the SPO1s are 4.72" bbl. I have been looking at cz for awhile, but haven't been able to handle very many. I did hold a phantom(polymer), and it was superb feeling. PO1 is on my short list.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I have been looking at the P01, and the P07 Duty for awhile, look like great guns. I am guessing all the P01s are compacts?

CZ-USA -> Product Categories
Do yourself a favor and get the P01 first. I had the P07 which was nice but the feel of the P01 is just outstanding. The metal sights on the P01 compared to the plastic ones on the P07 are nice. You can find P01's for the $475 range pretty easy. The P01 is also the first pistol I can carry in a t shirt compared to my micro 1911 and the P07.

·
Registered
29,877 Posts
Great pistol! Can't go wrong. They took a Browning HP, and refined it to greatness!
The HP needs no refining (perhaps the removal of the mag safety...but not necessarily).

I've had CZ's. I have a Hi Power. The CZ's are gone, the HP is a keeper.

They're nice pistols, but they aren't all that. I do find they tend to be a bit overrated.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sounds good have to hunt one down and maybe a Sig too. Some one told me that the Beretta 9 is just too big for a 9mm. All this comes down to personnel preference to me. I like the ones that fell the best and the best trigger pull out of the box. So far the Beretta and S&W M&P9 were the best I have held in my hand.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Watch'en Top shot and they all shot the HP exceptionally well. Been looking and thinking about that one for awhile. Just don't seem like any good deals on them. All about $650. Seen one several years ago for $500 in 9mm but cash was something I didn't have.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Ever since a guy at the range let me shot his CZ75 P01 I was hooked! It was funny I was so used to shooting my XD45 at the time that he didn't mention it held something like 17 rounds so I felt like thing was never going to stop shooting!

My last 9mm purchase I went with the Beretta 92FS because I have always wanted one of those too and I don't regret it with the flush fitting 18 round Mec Gar magazines! However one day this will be added to the family.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts