Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my MI middy ff rail in today and im super excited....ill post pics of before and after with all my cool stuff installed.

anyway as the title says, i gotta cut off the delta ring.

ive got a dremel im just not sure what to cut. do i just cut the plastic ring part then take it and the spring off? or is there something else to do in the process?

a pic of any type would be tremendously beneficial...thanks

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i could take the barrel off but i dont mind really cutting it off. i got an extra delta ring assembly anyway

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
There's no need to cut the delta ring. What instructions are you reading from?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ohh yeh id never want to scratch this thing. . . . paid to much to do that. . . . so all i gotta do is just cut the plastic then right?

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
There's no need to cut the delta ring. What instructions are you reading from?
ive heard of people doing this to save taking the barrel off, not everyone has the capabilities to do so and it is easier and cheaper than taking it to a gun smith

ohh yeh id never want to scratch this thing. . . . paid to much to do that. . . . so all i gotta do is just cut the plastic then right?
if you can take the barrel of i would just go that route, it is much easier and also you wont cut through something your not supposed to

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its a 2 piece MI barrel. . . i dont have any tools to take a barrel off and as i said, i dont mind cutting the delta ring since i already have a spare one.

anyway, all i need to do is cut the plastic ring part correct?

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
You don't don't have to take it to a gunsmith. Just by the proper tools and do it yourself.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its a 2 piece MI barrel. . . i dont have any tools to take a barrel off and as i said, i dont mind cutting the delta ring since i already have a spare one.

ok. . . i know i dont need to take it to a gunsmith, ive read the ar15 forums and guides on it.

i intended on cutting off the delta ring anyway...as i said before i dont mind and i have a spare. since ive never done it before all id like to know is if its just the plastic ring i need to cut. thanks

·
Registered
1,822 Posts

im not exactly possitinve because ive only ever taken them off the "right" way. but a delta ring consist of the plastic ring and a metal slinky like thing as well as a snap ring, but i dont wanna tell you to cut something in case it wasnt supposed to be cut.

these are the parts, the only one i know you SHOULD NOT cut through is the barrel nut

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ohh yeh it is aluminum haha. . . . thanks alot man ima go clock out from work and then get to it and then post some pics. . . . thanks again

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Delta rings are cheap alot cheaper than my time i would cut that B i t c h off there in a heart beat just go slow on the cuts and it will be fine. personally once i put FF on it im not going back to Plastic hand guards.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mvician the magician. . . . .you always got the right answer man. . . .

i got it cut off and i just gotta pop the springs off. however i let my excitement get ahold cuz i forgot to wrap the barrel up. . . i took the bolt out though and just used a sheet of paper towel to cover it, but that was it. . . . its all good though ill just stop by my pops house during work and clean it up good for a few hours. . .gotta keep busy somehow

thanks alot to all your answers guys

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts