Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to turn my XD.45 into a match race gun but to just increase my ability to shoot it accurately with minimum modifications. I'm looking at sights, a combat trigger job, and maybe a better spring rod and buffer than the factory one only if there is a proven one available that will increase reliability.

I would appreciate suggestions!

Are there any reflex type sights for the XD.45 (Eyes are getting older)?

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
I did XS Big Dots (tritium) by SA Custom (cheaper than buying the sights and ruining them putting them on with a hammer) and a PRP trigger job (under $50, did the installation and fitting myself). Also polished the barrel, side levers and trigger (cosmetics only).

Lots (and lots and lots) of prior posts on both subjects.

I have a compact, there is not an upgrade guide rod/spring available for the 4" barrel. Although I held a Don's fat guide rod cut down to 4" in my hands (from Don) but when I found out it was a research project to try and find the right spring, I 'passed-it-forward' to somebody Don suggested.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Id do a DGR Fat rod and a Canyon Creek barrel fitting and trigger job if I were you, oh wait, I guess I did! :cool:

·
Premium Member
21,048 Posts
id say shoot the heck out of it till you need a spring an rod ,i did that and found out it didnt make a big diff, i have a fat rod now after 6000 rounds i put it and a new spring in just to make sure, but still wasnt havinany issues with the stock equipment

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Check them out, as they can do everything you stated and a bunch more. They offer great service, that won't void your warranty in a reasonable amount of time and for a reasonable fee. Visit their website to see how much the different options cost: Springfield Armory

There are also commercial Forum sponsors that do this kind of work, and you ought to look at them too.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have 2 xds. A compact and a tactical.

Sent both to Scott over at Springer PRecision.

I have had dawson night sights put on them. Trigger jobs done on both, and had a threaded barsto barrel put in on the tactical.

This work has improved both guns significantly. They have been run hard, dirty and are carried out in the world. They have been flawless. IF you are looking for real world, hard use mods that won't mess with the reliability of the system, hard to go wrong with Scott.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts