Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Owner of a gun or 2....
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
All parts... Barrel, new 1911 guide rod, all pins, disassembly lever, slide lock, new extended mag release, new grip safety, and both new extended (.25) base pads will be cerakoted titanium, same as slide... Upgraded trigger kit install, new HD ejector, undercut trigger guard, grip stippling, and new Dawson Precision .125 Tritnim fixed front and rear sights....

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Did you do any measuring of the trigger pull prior to tearing it down for the work?

Sometimes I remember to do a before mods. check/recording of measurements and sometimes I forget. Yeah, I can tell it's better, but I don't have the numbers.

It should be a lot smoother if you do the polishing of the moving parts. Some people polish everything, I seldom polish more than the trigger/sear/sear block moving parts.

Good luck with your work.

·
Registered
Owner of a gun or 2....
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They've had it about 8-9 weeks.... I've made 3 payments so far for all the work, hopefully it will be completed by Friday this week so I can pay remaining balance and round trip shipping charges....

·
Registered
642 Posts
Did you do any measuring of the trigger pull prior to tearing it down for the work?

Sometimes I remember to do a before mods. check/recording of measurements and sometimes I forget. Yeah, I can tell it's better, but I don't have the numbers.

It should be a lot smoother if you do the polishing of the moving parts. Some people polish everything, I seldom polish more than the trigger/sear/sear block moving parts.

Good luck with your work.
It's amazing what a little polishing can do.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looks amazing and like a great time at the range! The stippling looks really well done(I'm going to guess they must have a machine to be so precise).

Reactions: MP2121

·
Registered
Owner of a gun or 2....
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks amazing and like a great time at the range! The stippling looks really well done(I'm going to guess they must have a machine to be so precise).
Springer Precision is doing the work.... I'm almost certain that they do have a machine... They're alot more reasonable on their prices too....

·
Registered
642 Posts
I'm a huge fan of stippling the frames on the XD. I did all my frames my self. It was great because it allowed my to try/test every step of the stippling. I started basic when worked up from there. Once I found what I like I stuck with it. I feel that once I did the beaver tale and hand webbing area it just sticks. Feels amazing, a few people at my local range that tried my XDsc asked me how much do I charge. Iv had to turn them down as I don't feel comfortable working on strangers arms.
Automotive tire Chair Audio equipment Bumper Font

Chair Automotive design Gas Auto part Tints and shades

·
Registered
Owner of a gun or 2....
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm a huge fan of stippling the frames on the XD. I did all my frames my self. It was great because it allowed my to try/test every step of the stippling. I started basic when worked up from there. Once I found what I like I stuck with it. I feel that once I did the beaver tale and hand webbing area it just sticks. Feels amazing, a few people at my local range that tried my XDsc asked me how much do I charge. Iv had to turn them down as I don't feel comfortable working on strangers arms.
View attachment 849547
View attachment 849548
I've thought about trying it myself but was too afraid to mess up.... You did a great job on yours! One of these days, I'm definitely gonna give it a shot....

·
Registered
Owner of a gun or 2....
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gunsmith sent a couple more pics, getting pretty close to being done.... Still lacks cerakoting my barrel, disassembly lever, slide lock, grip safety, and both base pads. Also still gotta install new flat faced trigger, also to be cerakoted titanium, same as my slide....
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Wood Automotive tire Gas Tool Machine

·
Registered
Owner of a gun or 2....
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gunsmith at Springer Precision emailed me asking if I'd be interested in their new flat triggers they just got in.... Previously they've only been available through them for the XDM and XD 45 models.... Obviously I told him hell yeah! Haven't seen pictures or anything yet, he's gonna be finishing up the last of the cerakoting including the new trigger this week and getting it sent back to me. I've been checking their website as well, hoping they make them available but nothing yet.... I can almost bet they're gonna be a Black Friday hot item! Just thought I'd pass it along....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts