Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
called with a brand new XDs 9 mm 3.3 30% fail to fire. Winchester ammo. On fail to fire primer had one little tiny dent off to side. Reload round try again, worked. Sometimes. Last magazine approximately 30 rounds out of 50 round box, 5 out of 5 fail to fire. No marks at all on primer. Customer service told me I was holding it wrong, and that an incorrect grip would cause the firing pin to magically curve off and just softly touch the primer. Or I had put oil in the striker channel and it was slowing down the pin. Gun was brand new out of the box, did not clean it just verified no obstruction in barrel. Oddly enough, both my other XD pistols function fine. The XD witness in 40 and the XDs 3.3 in 45. They both fire every round whether I hold them upside down or sideways. Use right or left hand. I guess the XDs 9 mm is a special weapon with a rubber firing pin that curves before it hits the primer. Due to this customer service rep I just officially bought my last Springfield weapon. Regardless of model. Just because I dont want a weapon with a flexible firing pin, I just bought two new 9mms. The Smith and Wesson (see below, purchase order) and a Hi Point 9mm carbine. Done with XD in any model, done with poor, customer service. She would not listen to me until I got a little rude and told her to stop talking and listen. Her total response was apparently poor hand grip leading to a curving firing pin, or oil fouling. She finally sent a FedEx label. If and when they fix it, I will immediately sell all my XD models. I will replace them with CZ or S&W
even Citadel.

purchase orders for new 9mm
Purchase Date: 4/4/2016 11:49:03 AM
Gun Genie #: 99551040331419A
FIREARM SPECIFICATIONS
Item #:
309704 MSRP: $569.00
BRAND: Smith & Wesson # OF MAGS: 3 (2 12rd and 1 11rd)
MODEL: M&P Military & Police Compact SAFETY: Mag Safety, Passive Trigger, Striker Block
TYPE: Pistol: Semi-Auto SIGHTS: Ft: Dovetail Rr: Low Profile Carry
CALIBER: 9MM BARREL LENGTH: 3.5
FINISH: Matte Black Stainless Steel Slide OVERALL LENGTH: 6.7
ACTION: Double Action Only WEIGHT: 21.9 oz
STOCK: Black Polymer Frame w/Small, Med & Large Grips PACKAGING:
CAPACITY:
12+1 FEATURES: Ambidextrous Slide Release, Reversible Mag Catch
CHOKES:
FEATURES:
No Internal Lock Model
CHAMBER:
BUTT PLATE:
MUZZLE:
RECEIVER:
Polymer with Picatinny-Style Rail
SAFETY: Mag Safety, Passive Trigger, Striker Block RESTRICTIONS:

new hi point carbine
SHOOTERS WORLD
3828 N 28TH AVE
PHOENIX, AZ 85017-4733 US
(602) 266-2600
Firearms ship directly to your FFL dealer
Shipment Status: SHIPPED
Shipment Tracking
UPS -1ZW8X684A800245399 (track it)
Item
Product
Quantity
Price Each
Total Price

7-G995FGFLLAZ
Hi-Point Firearms Carbine Semi Auto Rifle 9mm Luger 16.5" Barrel 10 Rounds Polymer Stock Black Finish with Forward Grip Light and Laser 995TSFGFL-LAZ

SHIPPED
$370.28
$370.28
Subtotal
$370.28
Shipping
FREE
Tax
$0.00
Total
$370.28

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
called with a brand new XDs 9 mm 3.3 30% fail to fire. Winchester ammo. On fail to fire primer had one little tiny dent off to side. Reload round try again, worked. Sometimes. Last magazine approximately 30 rounds out of 50 round box, 5 out of 5 fail to fire. No marks at all on primer. Customer service told me I was holding it wrong, and that an incorrect grip would cause the firing pin to magically curve off and just softly touch the primer. Or I had put oil in the striker channel and it was slowing down the pin. Gun was brand new out of the box, did not clean it just verified no obstruction in barrel. Oddly enough, both my other XD pistols function fine. The XD witness in 40 and the XDs 3.3 in 45. They both fire every round whether I hold them upside down or sideways. Use right or left hand. I guess the XDs 9 mm is a special weapon with a rubber firing pin that curves before it hits the primer. Due to this customer service rep I just officially bought my last Springfield weapon. Regardless of model. Just because I dont want a weapon with a flexible firing pin, I just bought two new 9mms. The Smith and Wesson (see below, purchase order) and a Hi Point 9mm carbine. Done with XD in any model, done with poor, customer service. She would not listen to me until I got a little rude and told her to stop talking and listen. Her total response was apparently poor hand grip leading to a curving firing pin, or oil fouling. She finally sent a FedEx label. If and when they fix it, I will immediately sell all my XD models. I will replace them with CZ or S&W
even Citadel.

FIREARM SPECIFICATIONS
Item #:
MODEL: M&P Military & Police Compact SAFETY: Mag Safety, Passive Trigger, Striker Block
CAPACITY:
CHOKES:
FEATURES:
No Internal Lock Model
CHAMBER:
BUTT PLATE:
MUZZLE:
RECEIVER:

new hi point carbine
SHOOTERS WORLD
3828 N 28TH AVE
(602) 266-2600
Shipment Tracking
Item
Product
Quantity
Price Each
Total Price

7-G995FGFLLAZ
Hi-Point Firearms Carbine Semi Auto Rifle 9mm Luger 16.5" Barrel 10 Rounds Polymer Stock Black Finish with Forward Grip Light and Laser 995TSFGFL-LAZ

SHIPPED
$370.28
$370.28
Subtotal
$370.28
Shipping
FREE
Tax
$0.00
Total
$370.28
when and if I ever have a problem of that nature I always request to talk to a tech. not a customer service rep. just my 2 cents worth. and whether or not it was the oil which is unlikely I still don't shoot a new gun of any kind without cleaning that god awful goo they ship them with. sorry about your bad experience.

·
Registered
29,597 Posts
even Citadel.

FIREARM SPECIFICATIONS
Item #:
CAPACITY:
CHOKES:
FEATURES:
No Internal Lock Model
CHAMBER:
BUTT PLATE:
MUZZLE:
RECEIVER:

new hi point carbine
SHOOTERS WORLD
3828 N 28TH AVE
(602) 266-2600
Shipment Tracking
Item
Product
Quantity
Price Each
Total Price

7-G995FGFLLAZ

SHIPPED
$370.28
$370.28
Subtotal
$370.28
Shipping
FREE
Tax
$0.00
Total
$370.28
Just signed in to kvetch, eh?

I release the goats on you.
image.jpeg

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
All the numbers track to cheaper than dirt web site? OK then

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Traded an xds for a Hi-Point eh? Did the xds not have enough failures for your liking?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when and if I ever have a problem of that nature I always request to talk to a tech. not a customer service rep. just my 2 cents worth. and whether or not it was the oil which is unlikely I still don't shoot a new gun of any kind without cleaning that god awful goo they ship them with. sorry about your bad experience.
when I say not cleaned, the weapon received a basic wipe down and glop removal. So I could at least handle it. But a drop of oil on slide and a pass with an oil swab. No deep cleaning. Just a basic rub a dub. But have found thru a very long time, that poor customer service is systemic of the training those agents receive, if this is what they are spewing, it is what they were told. That is my issue. Not what goo they use, a break in time, the number of rounds. But if a weapons company is willing to let this kind of representation exist, then there are deeper issues than just a fail to fire. Any company can build a bad product. That is not an issue. Nothing is perfect. But when the sole response to fail to function is "Your fault, you held it wrong or you dipped it in a can of 30 weight, when the weapon is empty slide forward without a magazine in it, or the trigger being pulled and listening as you shake it to parts rattling around the guts of the weapon. Going to the next level of contact does not resolve the primary issue of lousy customer service. Springfield lets this happen, the problem therefore, is Springfield.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Respectfully do not agree. Good luck with the Hi Point. Hipoint Firearms Forums
Have three so far. And no issues other than a scope malfunction, it was an add on optix king. But it failed at 7- rounds. Broke inside, a convex lens ring broke and fell into view. Was replaced with a different scope. Still working. I post only issues. If I contact a manufacturer and get BS I post it. No need to contact Hi Point, so no posting. I have read posts and reviews, so far nothing of the sort that have been posted.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
I called Nobu earlier to let them know I can't afford to eat there.

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
This thread did not take long for goating

Can debate whether cleaning a new gun is absolutely required but in my humble experience a clean gun runs better

... and back to goats with hipoints.

Reactions: Jimmycrackcorn

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This thread did not take long for goating

Can debate whether cleaning a new gun is absolutely required but in my humble experience a clean gun runs better

... and back to goats with hipoints.
Absolutely, no issue. You have service time, as do I. Clean is mandatory.
I did not do a great cleaning. But my issue is not that, It is the amazing curving flexible firing pin. If whatever shipping goo they use is such that it makes the firing pin flex and curve leaving a needle dent in the primer so far off center that the impact was primer and primer cup then thats some amazing goo. Go back to Cosmoline.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts