Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just on the Springfield Armory website and saw something awsome! Under the XD heading there is a link for custom work, by Springfield, for the XD :D They have packages to buy or you can get your upgrades ala cart. I am in need of a Tacitcal .40 to complete my tri-fecta and it would be sweet to get one tricked out from Springfield. If anyone has seen any of the finishes SA offers (Armory Kote matte black or OD green) I would love to see pics. 8)

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is the link:
http://www.springfield-armory.com/XD.pdf
Some of the prices seem a little steep but look at the "Finishes" section. No need to deal with rust anymore if that is a problem. I like dark guns. What would be the best choice of dark finishes that SA Custom offers?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
well, owning both a SA custom shop gun and one of Canyon Creek's production ready guns, I must say I am not overly impressed w/ the feel of the gun that came from SA. Trigger still feels sloppy w/ some creep before break but there has definitely been trigger work done to the gun. Also, bbl fitment at lockup is waaaay too tight (think Les Baer and add a little more stick) and it doesn't always come back into battery.

Spend your money wisely and just call Rich up and live the rest of your shooting days content (at least as far as your equipment is concerned.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I don't think enough good could be said about Canyon Creek. Rich has done some work on my XD: Trigger Job 4lbls Carry anybody thats handled it besides me enjoys how the trigger feels.

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
I think you will find Rich's prices better, the turn around better, and the overall craftsmanship better. The SA Custom Shop does good work, however I believe Rich is better.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I've considered getting a trigger job done from the creek as i've read so many posts about how great a job he does. How would such a modification affect the factory lifetime warrany? Does anyone know for certain?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
my "other" xd is from Springfield's custom shop.

I'm just not all that enthralled by their work holding it next to Rich's gun. Granted the work is still better than the stock pistol, but I guess I would expect more from the custom shop of the company that puts their name on the gun.

My $.0000001234 after taxes. YMMV, yadda yadda yadda.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I have an XD9 4" from the custom shop. Match barrel, hard chrome, comp trigger and i installed dawson sites..

My other is a XD40 tactical, with dawson sites and Rich Dettlehouse's trigger. The factory done job doesn't even come close to the work Rich puts into the gun. prices are good too.

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
Eric_Oh said:
I've considered getting a trigger job done from the creek as i've read so many posts about how great a job he does. How would such a modification affect the factory lifetime warrany? Does anyone know for certain?
A good question for SA, however I wouldn't be concerned with it. For starters, Rich warranties his works, and being that he is only working on the trigger, SA should cover the rest. If you have Rich do the slide and sights, well, there isn't much left to go wrong with the XD.

For me, I am not concerned with warranties on a $400 gun. I beat the hell out of my XDs and they have never let me down. If they do, I will send it to Rich or repair it myself, before sending it to SA. This is my $.02.

·
Registered
298 Posts
As far as the warrantee, its like cars. My friend bought a Toyota and had the dealer install a TRD (toyota racing development) Supercharger. The engine and supercharger are covered under warranty from Toyota. He could have bought an aftermarket supercharger that is actually better and installed it himself for less but it would have voided the warrantee if an engine failure occured due to his modifications.

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
This is a personal issue that each of us need to consider when deciding to modify the XD. For me, I like to play and I give it to the Rich to do the work. So far, I am happy as a puppy with two peters. :)

OS

1 - 13 of 13 Posts