Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my first AK and she is oh so beautiful. However, the one problem that I keep running into with AKs is that their stocks are both too short and too shallow for my shoulder. Even NATO length stocks are a little too short. Throw a butt pad on 'em and they begin to get to where I'd like it to be, but I love the look of well finished wood furniture.

Does anyone know of a custom woodworker that could make such a stock? I'm willing to refinish it myself, I just need the wood cut.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
What state are you in? This kind of thing can be spendy to ship.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What state are you in? This kind of thing can be spendy to ship.
I live in the Great State of Texas. DFW area.

google ironwood stocks. they make FAL and AK stocks that are pretty sweet.

D
Yeah, I've checked them out but they don't have any NATO length wood stocks and are so backlogged that they aren't taking custom orders.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I just purchased my first AK and she is oh so beautiful. However, the one problem that I keep running into with AKs is that their stocks are both too short and too shallow for my shoulder. Even NATO length stocks are a little too short. Throw a butt pad on 'em and they begin to get to where I'd like it to be, but I love the look of well finished wood furniture.

Does anyone know of a custom woodworker that could make such a stock? I'm willing to refinish it myself, I just need the wood cut.
If you just want utility, the Tapco T6 <cringe> stock extends an inch further than Nato length.

OTW, check out BattleRifleG3 over at the Saiga forums

1 - 7 of 7 Posts